Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    tech1682            08-04-2003, 5:35 AM Reply   
Ok, I finally bit the bullet and bought a v220. If anyone knows any problems that I should be on the lookout for please let me know now. Thanks for your info.
Old     (bmblbee)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2003, 5:47 AM Reply   
I have had my V Pro SKY (2002 model) for a year now and no problems so far. I have about 45 hours on it (short season up here in Canada). We love the room it has and often go out with 8 people. Wake is very good with full tanks and lots of passengers.

Enjoy the new toy and good luck on having a problem free boat for many years.
Old    tech1682            08-04-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
thanks bob, any comments on what kind of weight you are useing, and what kind of gas are you useing per hour?
Old     (sbayboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-05-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   
Josh,
I have the 02 vpro sky supreme. The first problem I had was the wire to the saftey switch ( the jetski cable thing) came loose and made the engine die if I went over 5 mph. The plugs where also gapped incorrectly and the water fuel seporator was not tightened so I was sucking air and not getting all the power I should have.
Old    tech1682            08-05-2003, 9:13 PM Reply   
thanks much james. i will check into those two items. i'm thinking of just bypassing the safety switch all together, any ideas on that?
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-05-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
Don't do it, legally you have to have it there in working order. I got stopped last year and had to demonstrate that mine did work along with every other reg. in the book (some water cops have nothing better to do).

Damn James sounds like your dealer didn't prep your boat before you took delivery, they are suppose to check the small things like tightness of a H2O seperator. Happy to hear you got it all sorted out though ;)

My only problems so far are ballast pump impellors sticking (grease them or change impellors if they are the old style but your shouldn't be), Broke a front bow cushion (don't let anyone jump on them when they get in and out of the boat), and i'm not sure how it is on the DD but my hard tanks in the back have a sending unit on top that if you step on breaks reall easily. If i think of anything else i'll let you know but these are well put together boats and I have had nothing yet that i have HAD to fix right then and there.
Later,
Rob
Old    tech1682            08-06-2003, 9:23 PM Reply   
thanks for the heads up rob. i will watch out for those sheriffs out there that might have a stick, you know where.
Old    stillstandin            08-10-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
My serpintine belt shredded, got it fixed, and it is still shredding. Other than that no problems 65 hours
Old    tech1682            08-11-2003, 5:03 AM Reply   
hey craig, i've been asking about these proplems for a little while now and that seemed to be a pretty common one. a lot of people had to align their pullies better with a shim or two. thanks for the comment, hope this helps