Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2005, 8:53 AM Reply   
I have three simmer pumps feeding three sacks. Over the weekend one of them seemed to jam up and caused the breaker to go. the wires were hot so i left it alone. last night i removed the top to check on the impeller and everything looked good. I ran the pump with the top off and everything worked smooth. when I put the top back on and tried it was jammed again.I loosened the top and it ran smooth again. It appeares that if you tighten the top down it puts pressure on the impeller and stops it. Does anyone have any experiance with this? Did something wear down and cause the jam? I'm going to leave the top loose for now, hope it does not leak.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-03-2005, 9:24 PM Reply   
One of my three did the same thing this spring. I took the top off and ran it a few times and put it back on and it has been fine since. I think it may have ran a little dry but not enough to damage the impeller. Maybe try a little lube in it. If not just don't crank down the screws and it should be ok.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-04-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
#1 Don't over tighten the cover.

#2 Use 3in1 to lube so as not to damage the impeller material.

#3 I lube the impellers on my pumps at least once a month.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       08-04-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
#4 Make sure you don’t turn on all of your pumps at the same time.

#5 After emptying the ballast… flip the switch to the fill position for a second to position the impeller correctly.

#6 And don’t freeze them solid over the winter either like some people have done.
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-04-2005, 10:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice, I'll give the lube a try.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-04-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
Brad I think I gave You an Impeller rebuild kit might try that also.
Glad to see You are using it!
john
Old     (tazz)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-04-2005, 8:49 PM Reply   
Hi John

Yes We have been using the boat a lot, I'm realy enjoying the surfing, its kind of taken over. even my friends have gotten into it. I do have the extra impeller but I don't think thats the problem.