Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-29-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
SO I finally made the switch from Hyperlite to LF after about 5 years of die hard Hyperlite loyalty. I managed to pick up a Fish on Ebay and a pair of Sphynx's at the local shop. I love both! Problem is that I have managed to strip out one of the binding holes when I was using my Byerly boots still on the first weekend I rode, and last weekend I jumped off the swim platform and caught a corner on the way in with the fish and thrashed the corner of the board pretty bad. My question is #1: Is Liquid Force going to warranty anything on my board since I bought it used? #2: Should I try and get it fixed now if they will honor the warranty? #3: Should I just try to patch the board myself and ride one notch in until the end of the season? #4: If I were to patch the board myself, would that void the warranty? Haven't dealt with LF customer service since about 2000 so I have no idea how they are. Thanks for any help guys and girls!
Old    sbvfive            04-29-2005, 8:48 PM Reply   
Josh at liquid force, he is the customer service rep or whatever....he'll take care of it.....just be respectful and let him know what a big favor he is doing....don't just be like, "yeah I broke my board, does LF suck or something.."
Old    xxplosive            04-29-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have dealt with Josh before, cool guy, but it was a bit of an ordeal. I had a similar problem, the bottoms of my bindings pocked holes in the top of the board...now this was no problem to be replaced under warrenty, but prior to shipping my board off it got a little nic outta the tip of the board. They said they wouldn't give me warrenty, and after talking to Josh like 5 times over the course of several weeks, it wasn't untill HE called me back saying they had another person with warrenty for the same problem happening, and so he hook me up with a brand new 05 team 139 (upgrade from 03 subjekt)
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-02-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
Liquid Force is very good with their warranty, however, I would not expect them to fix your problems since they were created by you and not a manufacturer defect. You have to be somewhat reasonable with your expectations.

Eric
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-02-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Yeah, I figured as much. I talked to them and since I didn't buy the board from a licensed seller I am not covered for anything under warranty. I guess I will just through a patch on it and ride one in. No big deal, it should work out fine, and the board still rides really good! I am not upset or anything, just wanted to check to see if I was going to void a warranty or anything. Thanks for the input guys, and thanks to LF for a really quick response.