Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (dc80)      Join Date: May 2009       10-18-2011, 3:46 AM Reply   
Just got delivery of a new X-15, my first boat. Spent past weekend on lake. I would like to get advice on what the best setup is for having the best wake. With full ballast on and at 70 feet, the wake felt very nice... large, dense, with great transition.... but it felt wide. I usualy ride at 75 feet and 21 mph, but was forced to shorten to 70 feet because of wake width. In fact even at 70 it is kind of on the wide side. Problem is that 70 feet line feels short. The wake narrows at higher speeds. Is this the only way around width issue?

I would appreciate pointers on what the best setup is from anyone with experience with mastercrafts in general and x-15 in particular. Should I be adding a sac in the front? Ride faster? Does the atitude plate affect widht? I learned to ride on nautiques, at they felt like they had a narrower wake. Are MC wakes wider in general?

Any pointers on how best to setup this boat would be much appreciated

Thanks!