Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    ponchevez            06-27-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   

Are crashes on wakeskates worst than wakeboards? does it hurt more?

Is it harder to wakeskate than wakebording?
Old     (board_boy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-27-2003, 2:48 PM Reply   
wakeskate crashes only hurt when you land on the board, other than that they are fun. IMO wakeskating is easy as long as you can wakeboard pretty good.
Old    mxracer            06-27-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
I'm not really good on a wakeboard yet but i had a blast wakeskating. Landing on the board hurts but not as bad as you would think. I got up my first try wakeskating and its almost as easy turning but jumping is a LOT harder.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
The crashes look worse because you usaly are in an okward posistion when you fall but they don't hurt nearly as much, mainly because with out the board straped to your feet your bodu doesnt get worked by the water so much.
Old    shmude            06-29-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
I just messed up my knee the first day i got my new wakeskate. I found that i tried to keep my feet on the board even though i knew i was going to crash and that tweeked my knee to the inside. Hopefully nothing serious but if you know your going down, get off of the board.
Old    warlock00            06-30-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
the crashes dont hurt to bad until you start taking jumps out into the flats and eating it....Also when one foot comes off the board and you do the splits, that does not feel real good...but all in all the skate is a lot easier on you than a wakeboard.

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-06-2003, 8:17 PM Reply   
a typical fall doesnt hurt but just this week i tweaked my knee really bad because one leg was on while the other was off and the day before that i fell forward and the board hit me in the head just an inch away from my temple but overall the crashes dont really hurt
Old    bassboy8855            07-06-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
so what your saying is... if you usualy dont wear a helmet wakeBOARDING... then you should wear a helmet wakeSKATEING... well, maby thats not what your trying to say, but thats the way I took it, and that right there is some damn good advice. Thanks!