Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   
I searched, but could not find past posts on IR extenders. I know they exist, are they all custom? I'd like to find one for a new Sony.
Thanks, Pat
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
Pat, you can turn your remote into a wired remote. Pop open your remote and locate the led transmitter thing that looks like a tiny lightbulb. Clip it off the circuit board. Solder long wire onto the board where the led was. Then solder the led to the end of the wire. Now just epoxy the led somewhere in front of the stereo where it is going to transmit to the reciever. I did it with 2 remotes and it works like a gem.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-05-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
Or go to www.partsexpress.com and they will hook you up with an i/r extender
Old     (faceplant409)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
Andrew, I want to keep it wireless. I have a Malibu and the deck is in the arm rest so the deck is hidden from the infared. I need to effectively extend the IR target on the deck to somewhere on the dash.
Pat
Old     (mattman5000)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2003, 7:29 AM Reply   
Here is another one. I haven't used it but I've seen posts on here recommending it. I am thinking of getting one, myself.

http://www.go2pac.com/products/irx.htm
Old    markb            02-06-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
Wish I would have found this out two days ago. It would have saved me 400 buck for a new deck. Thanks for the info.