Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
ahhhh! i absoulutely hate not having a boat! ive been craving to go riding for the past month. am i alone on this???
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
no, but i am lucky enough to have 2 great friends that do own boats and ride pretty frequently on the weekends..not all of us are fortunate enough, ya just have to accept it..
Old    fl_girl            09-14-2005, 5:41 AM Reply   
Gosh it does suck not having a boat of your own. I'll ride on any boat, I don't care. I just need to get out on the water more, maybe next summer we'll have a boat. Who knows and I have unfortunately accepted it
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
just be the best third you can be, believe it or not we have very little luck finding someone who wants to ride often, helps out, and pitches in on gas enough.

If you were in wisconsin and all of those things, you would be riding with us four days a week.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-14-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
Have you ever thought of the cost of owning a boat, for example: maintenance, the payment, interest, equipment, gas, luxury tax, insurance, on and on. I just bought mine in July, and I'm learning real quick.

I love owning a boat, but it was also nice riding in others and not have to worry about anything but paying for some gas and having a good time.
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
Mike: i live in California. to bad cause i fall under all of those im only 15 but i still pitch in for gas as much as i can, clean the boat after if needed, and whatever else needs to be done. when i ride with other people (which is everytime lol) i try to earn it. if im ever in Wisconsin ill let you know if that offer is still up

Shawn: ya ive thought about that. I've been looking at the boats in the less expensive range for ex: boats that have been turned into wakeboard boats with a skylon and some fat sacs but i dont reallly know how much insurance is and maintanence.
glad you enjoy your boat though
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
Yea it definatly does suck not owning a boat... Hopefully a mastercraft prostar 190 soon, however thats alot of money for a high school senior .

(Message edited by mjfan23 on September 14, 2005)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
I HATE not having and ACL!
Old     (chris_c)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
hah ya im sorry to hear that man. i have bad knees from skating for 7 years of my life ollieng stair cases but i couldnt even imagine what its like to tear an acl. get better
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
I had that same feeling last year until the neighors got a wakeboard boat an we went out soo many time this summer and it was definatly one of the best summers i've had. Thanx Pat and Mary!

Jamie

(Message edited by wakechic06 on September 14, 2005)
Old    wakegal02            09-15-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
my boats been in the shop for about a month and i pass a lake every single day, it kills me to look at butter and not be able to enjoy it