Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-07-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
i got a new camera this past weekend and finally got to take some decent riding pictures. i need a new lens, but these will do for now.

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-07-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   
sorry for the different sizes. still working on the whole "picture sizing" issue. the first one is me throwing a tantrum but i seem to have started turning a little sideways lately. not sure why.

do you think a better lens will make the pictures a little clearer? especially the last one. i might have had the settings wrong too, but like i said, the camera is new and i am still working on things.

(Message edited by mossy44 on July 07, 2004)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-07-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
those are some nice pictures... can't help ya out but I thought you needed to be complimented on the riding at least!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-07-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
A different lens may help. If it's an SLR camera or a digital SLR then try boosting the shutter speed to 1/750th or greater. That is how I freeze my images. Also be sure to keep the camera very still. Once you get the hang of it you'll be able to have a very fast shutter speed & purposely move the camera horizontally to ocreate a blurry background which indicates motion. Good luck
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-07-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
Nice riding!
Make sure as they say above to keep the film speed high. This can be accomplished by using sports mode on many cameras. Also if you are using auto focus STOP and start using manual focus.

I know Mike Isler has articles on shooting pictures here at his website http://www.islerphoto.com/

Here is another article by Jason Buffalow http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/buffalow2.asp
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2004, 5:19 PM Reply   
what's that 3rd one? a ts raley? Anyways, nice pics matt.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-08-2004, 5:32 AM Reply   
heres one

Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
Sweet riding.

Those pics look way to blue. Did you edit them?
Old    nshon            07-08-2004, 5:51 AM Reply   
Need to adjust the white balance to avoid blue looking pics but they're great otherwise!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-08-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
thanks for all the compliments and all the tips. i will have to keep messing with the camera to hopefully fix some of these things. NO, i did not edit anything. i will have to look into the "white balance" also. didnt even know there was such a thing

jim - yes, that last one is a toeside raley. still working on dialing that one in.

anyone else have some doubles pictures?

(Message edited by mossy44 on July 08, 2004)
Old     (jayman1)      Join Date: May 2002       07-08-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
Murray came to OKC for one of his Backyard Tour stops in May of this year. Here he is busting a huge Raley over my friend Dennis. Props go out to Marlon for taking this sweet photo.
Murray Raley
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-08-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
It's a good thing he's ducking, shawn pretty close to hitting him.