Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    law04            07-04-2004, 1:48 PM Reply   
I'm looking to buy a wakeboard vest, as all I have are the regular vest, but I want something that is USCG approved. Unforunately there are no wakeboard shops around, so I'm stuck w/ the online shops.

Just wondering if anyone has/used this vest and what their opinion on it?
http://www.extremeliquidations.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SIDEVEST&Cat egory_Code=LV

Thanks for Any suggestions.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-04-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
I love mine.
Old    driver8            07-04-2004, 11:44 PM Reply   
Mine fits great, has a clever side entry, all this at a great price.

It also has great back support if you crank down on the two straps.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-05-2004, 2:42 PM Reply   
We love all of our jet pilot vests. My oldest son has this vest. And a great deal too!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-05-2004, 7:17 PM Reply   
my jp stance is so comfy and i like the side zippers.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
I've run with this vest for a season and have a few opinions on it. First, I personally don't like the side entry bit. Even though it seems kinda neat, I think it's clunky putting it over your head every time as opposed to a regular vest. One thing I HATE is that the two straps have very long runs w/out the "loops" so they get turned nearly every time I put it on.

Those are my two beefs with the jacket. I also think it's pretty darn thick, but my previous jacket was a non-CGA Bare vest so obviously it's gonna be thicker than what I had before. Be careful with the sizing, too. The jackets seem to run huge and I had to go with the XS/S even though my previous 2 vests were M's.
Old    law04            07-07-2004, 6:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the opinions and replies
Old    r_dub            07-07-2004, 6:41 AM Reply   
Joe is right, they do run huge. I have a medium and its to big for me. And I would have never thought about ordering a small. But I just tighten up the straps and it works. But I do like the jacket. I guess, Joe and I need to start pumping some iron, haha.

(Message edited by r_dub on July 07, 2004)
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
spot ON with the pumpin'}} iron comment!! Seems like I have a hard time over warmer months taking time off the water to get in the gym!
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-07-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
I have the Stance.... love it.

Check out the Stance and the newest vest from JP... the Cell Block. It is bada$$.

Click me.
Old    jack_cheese            07-07-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I'm 6'1" 175lbs and the medium I ordered was HUGE. I sent it back for an XS/S and it fits about right. Like it pretty well.