Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    skihardkore            11-09-2002, 5:47 PM Reply   
i'm putting a sub in my toyota v-drive and i wonder if anyone else has put one in and where? what size, and how many watts pushing it? i was thinking under the dash.......?
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-10-2002, 9:59 PM Reply   
under the dash is good, id recommend at least 300 watts and thats just to start
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-11-2002, 7:12 AM Reply   
well, up until now, I was using a single JLAudio 12W3 in a sealed box, installed in the passenger seat compartment... running (1) amp bridged at 380 watts... Now, I just purchased a pair of Wolfenhag 12" competition subs, which can handle 500w rms... I have just ordered a another amp which is a 2 channel amp, 280w per channel, 650w bridged into 4 ohms, 980w into 2 ohms... I am installing the new subs under the driverside dash in the carpeted panel, which will allow the entire front of the boat to act as the enclosure. It should kick major ass. Oh, don't forget to run the proper gage wiring to your amps. I am using 4g battery cable going to the connector blocks, then 8g going to each amp. My system will now have 3 amps, 2x12" subs, 4 x 6.5" 3-way speakers all running from a Sony Xplod CD deck. Tower speakers possibly before next summer. Oh, and one new 200amp alternator to charge the dual batteries.
Old    mtbmudmachine            11-11-2002, 10:45 AM Reply   
I have some "Photos" of where you should Put your sub's on a Toyota I will scan them and post them. Your going to "Trip Out"
Old    skihardkore            11-11-2002, 1:55 PM Reply   
Thanks in advance for the photos. Do you think i'll need another battery for just one sub? I'm also adding two more speakers in the back. Can i run them off my 45x5 deck or do i need an amp?
Old    mtbmudmachine            11-11-2002, 2:57 PM Reply   
Ok Sorry: You'r going to have to go to this Link below. I can't seem to post photo's here, If the link dosen't work try back, Later. "Geo Cities" (the host) only lets so many visits per day,
http://www.geocities.com/mtbmudmachine/whatever.html?1037055060030
Old    akman            11-11-2002, 3:35 PM Reply   
Grant, Are the photo's of the sub's from a Toyota Epic? If so did the owner recently move to the San Diego area? I'm pretty sure I saw and heard a similar set up at San V a few weeks ago and it was thumping!
Old    mtbmudmachine            11-11-2002, 3:57 PM Reply   
Gramp's Yes the sub's were in a Toyota "Epic", I thought the guy was from San Rafel? But who know's where he is now. I wouldn't think there would be to meny of thoes things floating around in that setup so you proably saw the same one. It was pretty crazy? But in "LA" everyone has a boat like that J/K. If I was a "Rap Star" or somthing That would be my boat "Crib's"
Old    big_daddy_ben            11-11-2002, 4:06 PM Reply   
It's not a bad idea to get an extra battery. Just make sure to keep them separated from each other by adding a switch or you'll be draining them both. Also make a box for your sub, because most sub’s sound better enclosed I have two Amp’s: a ARC 2500-CXL pushing over 1000 watts @ 4 ohms to my 13” JL Audio W7 (this needs at least 500 Watts to even run) & a ARC 4150-CXL pushing over 100 watts (ea) for 4 channels of clean crisp sound to my 6 Boston Acrostic’s in the cabin and 6 tower speakers in a custom box built by Sounds Unlimited of Modesto CA. All being controlled by an Alpine CDA-7995 CD receiver which plays MP3 files, has AM/FM/XM and which controls a 12 CD Alpine Changer.

I have posted pictures on this http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/43864.html?1035875253
Old    akman            11-11-2002, 4:27 PM Reply   
Grant, That had to be one of if not the loudest set-ups I have ever heard. We were on the ramp pulling the boat out of the water, and they were about 150 yards away. I could hear it loud and clear, they pulled the boat out of the water and we all just tripped out on how many subs and speakers the guy had. The step to get to the back of the boat was pretty custom.
Old    big_daddy_ben            11-11-2002, 5:14 PM Reply   
Remember if you decide to add a battery (which you probably should if you are adding an AMP and woofer) to upgrade or recoil your alternator. My MC came with a 50-amp alternator, which I have had recoiled into 100-amp alternator.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-11-2002, 9:54 PM Reply   
ive been running for the last year on stock alternator (65 amp) and 1 battery (optima red top),2 amps without any problems but i do carry a spare battery and jumper cables -just in case (not wired in)--running 300 w to the sub, 300 to the tower and 200 to the boat speakers, no tower lights
Old    skihardkore            11-12-2002, 3:48 PM Reply   
thanks for the advice guys. Grant, that system is insane dude. Do u have any idea of the power he has pushing those things? That thing would shake fish to the top of the lake. As cool as it might be, i think it would interfere with the wakeboardability of the boat. but whatever, it looks pretty sweet
Old    color_pros            11-12-2002, 4:51 PM Reply   
Grant where did you find all those cool pics.
Old    mtbmudmachine            11-12-2002, 5:06 PM Reply   
Wakeman" I’m not sure of what he had as far as Power,Amp's, I think it had to be over 3000 watts other wise your just playing with matches "Wakeboard ability" Yea I’m sure that’s NOT what they had in mind when he built it. The "Owner" said every time they (he and his friend's) go out they have more boat's than people, and they end up riding in some ones else's boat for weight and or a 3rd so one boat is usually sitting any way's, They needed a Party boat, They Got it. I think this Boat will be at the 2003 "Boat Show" in Pleasanton Ca, this Jan. My friend Mike, knows the shop where this thing was made, He said the total cost was Much higher than the $25 thousand I said in my earlier post, It would be cool to put together a list and photo's of other Extreme Boat's Like this. I have heard of other boat's Like this one with "Monster Stereo system's" and DVD players 10,000 watt's ect. I know they are out there, Post them up. Ill try to get more info about this and more crazy set up boats
G" When is "To Much" "To Much"- "NEVER"
Old    mtbmudmachine            11-12-2002, 5:08 PM Reply   
Ok here are the Photo's

Old    coachsambo            02-01-2003, 8:49 PM Reply   
here is my super sub. Crap!
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-02-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
By Scott Babson (kustomkaraudio) on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 8:08 pm:

A friend told us about the thread talking about the Epic that we built. What is not seen is the 9th 12" sub under the drivers dash. The grills for the woofers were machined for us out of 6061 aluminum 1.5" thick and nickle plated. We used a 180 amp alternator and three optimas . The tower consists of 4 MB Quart 8" co-axes bi-amped by a Xtant 604. The boat interior system 3 pair MB Quart RKC 116 6.5 " co-ax and 1 pair MB Quart PSD 213 5" separates cut into the dash, all run by another Xtant 604. The 8 Image Dynamics ID max 12' Subs in tne rear are powered by 2 Xtant 1001,the 9th 12" sub is powered by a Rockford BD500. This boat is REAL, and was fun to build. Any Questions please call Kustom Kar Audio 1.707.527.5000 Thanks Scott}