Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       05-15-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Well, tis a sad day for me here in Texas. I officially put up my 2011 Epic 23V for sale tonight
Only managed to put about 15 hours on it since new last year due to a) tearing my upper back and not making a full recovery b) a massive drought in Texas that shut alot of lakes down and c) now the doc is thinking I might have a herniated disk in my lower back.

If anybody is interested or knows anybody who's interested, please give me a holler. It's just downright depressing just having it only to be able to play driver and I'd hate to see it just sit.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-15-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Man that is a sad day. I hate it for you! Did you injure your back boarding?
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       05-15-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
The tear in the upper back was from wakeboarding. Let my buddy who has a speed boat attempt to pull me and he just hammered straight down - pretty much pulled my right arm out of socket and tore my teres major and lattisimus dorsi.

Lower back is due to multiple factors such as dirtbike/quad wrecks and heavy weight lifting back when I thought I was the incredible hulk.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-15-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
damn that is rough man I am sorry to hear that. Put of the fusion for as long as you can!
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       05-15-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
Man, I am pretty much going to avoid surgery if there are any other options at all. I still am waiting to go get an MRI done to know exactly what I'm dealing with. All I know is that for being just shy of 30 years old, I'm moving around wayyy to slowly.
Old     (tke104)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-15-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
I feel your pain, literally. I have a herniated disk and a slipped bone in my lower back. I just live with it because the surgery to fix the slipped bone would put me out of the game for possibly years, and there is no guarantee I would recover 100%. My buddy had surgery to replace a herniated disk and he was back in action in less than 6 months.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-15-2012, 9:26 PM Reply   
That sucks, man. Get well soon, and good luck with the sale!
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-15-2012, 9:39 PM Reply   
wakeboarding is a cruel mistress (so says my shoulders and knees)....sorry to hear what happened, hoping for a full & quick recovery.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
Paul...quick google search and I found this.... www.texasback.com go get your back fixed and keep your boat!
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-16-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Keep the boat and take up surfing!
Old     (txaggie929)      Join Date: May 2011       05-17-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the well wishes y'all ! I'm hoping this all gets better sooner than later. Still think it's in my best interest right now to sell the boat - I'm known for starting to feel better and then going and doing something stupid again lol!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-17-2012, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtech View Post
Keep the boat and take up surfing!
Word!! Go this option first.

Bad back as well, recipient of a few cortizone facet injections, and pez despenser loaded with prednisone

I know the pain, sorry to hear.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-17-2012, 9:40 PM Reply   
I havnt touched my wakeboards in 2 years, its got "hurt Matt" all over therm LOL

Your at the point where you pick and choose your battles. I choose to battle a sport at 11 mph vs mid 20's, body positioning twisted, leaning back and with stunts that wifll put me overextended and out of a safe green zone LOL