Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-08-2010, 12:17 AM Reply   
Long time lurker...

My name is Johnny (and it might be a sin...) and we live about 20 mins out of Tampa in Riverview. We just recently ordered our new boat back in Jan. It was delivered to the dealer last week, and I will be home first of April to finally pick her up. We ordered it from Forte's Inboard over in Largo. They have been great to deal with, and the sales team at Tige was even nice enough to send us pics while it was being built. My wife and I are both deployed (contractors) over to Iraq and with the exception of the factory tour in Abilene and the test rides we took, the whole ordering process was done via email.

I have seen the Tampa "Find a Third" thread and hope to catch up with some of these guys and eventually learn to wakeboard and surf.

Anyways, great board, love the new format, and here are some pics of our newest addition...

Entire Album is here...
http://www.wakeworld.com/guma/albums/1263/&p=1

Some really nice pics courtesy of the TIge Factory and the dealer Forte's Inboards

Factory pics

Dealer Pics - Prep, detail, and soon some water shots from testing...

Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-08-2010, 12:50 AM Reply   
Congrats!!! that's an awsome looking boat, I love the color combination. Tige has seemed to really step up and make some really killer boats.

Just wondering whats the difference between the Ve and the RZ?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-08-2010, 1:22 AM Reply   
Jonny, sweet boat man. I am a contractor in Iraq too. Where are you located? Who do you work for? Do you work out of Largo?

Andrew, I believe (unless is has recently changed) there is no hull difference in the RZ and VE. The RZ series is the pickle fork bow series and sharper edges.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-08-2010, 2:51 AM Reply   
Correct, the RZ is the pickle fork layout. Haven't warmed up to that look yet personally.

Bret, I am up north, working for a small company called CRI as an independent IT Consultant.. I worked for General Dynamics for almost 10 years before I finally ventured out on my own. Don't regret it one second...

Thanks for the compliments on the boat can't wait to get home and see her in person!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-08-2010, 3:01 AM Reply   
Johnny,

Nice ride. My first boat was a Tige and I really enjoyed it. I like the color combos that you chose. I am down at victory and have been here almost 11 months....I am ready to get the hell out of here. Are you doing a year?

The RZ is a nice boat, you get the extra room but it does look a little too edgy. I like the curves of the Ve better myself. I used to live in San Angelo and I have two friends that work at the Tige Factory in Abilene. Their new factory is pretty sweet, the old one was in an old cookie factory i believe. At any rate, when do you plan on getting home to use that thing?
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-08-2010, 3:11 AM Reply   
We are up at Speicher. Not doing a year, just 3 months in, then 4 or 5 off at home. I am heading out of here at the end of this month.

The Tige factory was pretty cool. Got a tour back in Sept of last year before we had decided on what boat to get, and that all but sealed the deal for us.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-08-2010, 4:01 AM Reply   
I'm in Balad. Heading home in May. Work for Raytheon. I did a year out here last year. Won't do that again. I think I am heading to down to Udari soon to finish out my tour over here. The program I work on, the factory is in Largo. Good, luck to both of you, be safe. Enjoy the new toy Jonny.
Old     (bullydog)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-08-2010, 4:04 AM Reply   
I love both styles but im really starting to like the pickle fork, it also makes it easier to pee off the front of the boat .

Im not sure if this matters but even though the hulls are the same are the wakes going to be similar? I figue the different lines of the picklefork would maybe change the wake a little especially if you ran alot of weight in the boat.

Sorry guma not trying to hijack your thread.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-08-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
There is a debate to what the exact difference between the hulls are. Some say the only difference is the picklefork and others say there is more of a rocker shape in the RZ2 hull. However, the wakes are very similiar.

Guma, very nice looking boat.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-08-2010, 7:09 AM Reply   
Same hull and wake.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-08-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
Awesome boat, Johnny, great choice on the color combo. Keep us posted with pics!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-08-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Beautiful boat and great pics of the build process. Congrats!
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-08-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
Sweet machine. Congrats! I love what they did with the interior and that cool looking mesh on the driver's seat. It's going to be a long three weeks!!!!
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-09-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
...but I'll take your bet an you're gonna regret cause I'm the best that's ever been...

...someone had to get it...

Last edited by matt_ostmeyer; 03-09-2010 at 9:52 AM.
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-09-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
'bout time...