Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 16, 2007

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
how are bullet lines stuff specifically their leather grp copy vs the Proline LG??
check bullet lines version of the LG here
http://www.bulletlines.com/servlet/the-54/Leather-Grip-Wakeboard-Handle/Detail

Also how is the Proline Faction for those who have used it?????
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-04-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
I have the leather grip from bullet lines and I like it. It doesn't float though.
Old     (ajcsurf)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-04-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
I'm not trying to talk bullet lines...BUT I bought a line from them off ebay (brand new), the white one, 75ft, and the loops are pretty small so the rubber around the seams gets all messed up, and separates exposing the threading, then the threads start to come apart. I'm afraid to use it in comps because it might break. It doesn't stretch or float and they boast 4500 tinsile strength but watching the seams come apart after 3 uses (1 being a 10 minute practice run at villa lagos), I dont think I will buy another. I only paid like 35 bucks for it off ebay so I guess you get what you pay for.

hope this helps.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-05-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^ get what you pay for.....you said it
Old    murrayair            08-05-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
My experience with Bullet was virtually identical to AJ's. I will never buy from them again. The products they make are, in my oppinion, complete low-quality rip offs of higher quality products made by better companies.
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-05-2007, 10:58 PM Reply   
Damn, I have one shipping as we speak.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
I have a Bullet coated spectra line and an EVA handle. It's not the fanciest stuff, but it has held up well. I am using the handle as a spare, but have used the line all season and it is holding up fine. The shrink wrap near the knots on the take off loops does slip up down on the plastic coating a little bit, but I have been able to slide it back into place, and I am not seeing the fraying described above. I'm happy with the line and the handle. A good value for the price IMHO.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-06-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
Michael, I warned you.....

I have the coated spectra line and Eva handle. Both items function as stated but IMO, the handle is a little heavy and I am getting use to it. The coated line is already tearing off the rope itself.

After this year, I will buy another coated line and handle but it will not be from Bullet Lines.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-06-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
I am on my second line from Bullet and have been very happy. I have been using a red coated line for 2 seasons now with no fraying.

I have the Proline LG handle and it does not float after a couple of pulls either.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-06-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
I Have an old spectra and the heat shrink has come off, and loops are fraying, actually busted 2 different take off's. I contacted Bullet trying to BUY some new take off's(not even debating the 4500lbs tensile) and after no reply on several emails, I was advised they don't have any? Replied with, "when will you?" and never received a reply. Didn't strike me as very customer oriented, since I was trying to make a purchase, not asking for a handout!
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-06-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
Yea, I know david.

I probebly get a new one next year or the year after, You get what you pay for I paid cheap I get cheap stuff. But we will see
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-06-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
The guy who runs bullet lines frequents this website. He warranties any problems.
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-06-2007, 11:08 PM Reply   
I have a few bullet lines and handles. The lines are fine but my handle fell apart in like 8 months. They offered to replace it but as i'm in the UK it wasn't worth returning.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-07-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
I bought a Bullet line last year. The shrink wrap does get messed up, but I have not had any problem with it fraying. It has held up well.

(Message edited by Byrd on August 07, 2007)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Jeremy I love the Faction Handle, we run both the LG and the Faction on the boat and they both get a lot of use, the Faction Handle has a nice soft grip, it floats great and with the solid side bars, the handle will not collapse when making handle passes.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2007, 1:59 PM Reply   
yea i have that exact bullet line and handle plus the old bullet line with red coating..i have also had the shrink wrap issue but have been using this white leather handle and rope combo for about three months and i like the handle and rope..yea it gets a bit ugly when the shrink wrap tears but no structual damage and your right you get what you pay for but thats the positive thing..a lot of other handles are twice as much as this one and frankly all have had some issues along the way..

some of you never learn, why bash this product over a few issues and say you get what you pay for in anegative way??

I break my very expensive and popular CWB absolute platty every year and while it may be a great product i have to get it warranty replaced everytime..i do not mind the week i wait for a new board because i like the board a lot and understand why it has issues..i paid a lot of cash for this so does CWB suck since i didnt get what i paid for??

i also ripped my 9 month old LF watsons and got a replacement pair right off the shelf free of charge under warranty,no big deal but LF must suck because they broke..

hmm lets see ive seen ten posts about Ronix cracking as well..they must suck,you get what you pay for correct...??

get my point??

just get the thing replaced,contact the ken the owner and im sure he will get the issued resolved..

no big deal you all get over it :-)

back to work :-)
Old     (ehwake)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
agree....Ken is a straight up guy. Just let him know and he'll look after you. I've had the issues you describe with "brand" name lines and handles.
Old     (txadam)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
I have a bullet rope & handle and it's held up pretty well for me for 2 seasons. I have met Ken (owner of Bulletlines) personally and he's a cool guy. He'll warranty your stuff with no issues.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-07-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
Now I am feeling like I said that they suck... After reading my post, I could have come off that way also.

What I am trying to say is: The rope and handle do exactly what it's intended purpose is. The only issue I have is the coating is starting to peel off. However, that does not affect me since I am sure it was my fault that it happened and more than likely I probably pinched and tore the coating. I am not saying that other brands wouldn't have done the same thing and I am sure that they would have. I also know that I got what I paid for. A season of enjoyment out of it!!!!! I am not planning to warranty the item because I am 110% sure it was my fault. There is no safety concerns with the rope either.

As with Mike, I advised him of what I saw after I bought my line but also told him to look at other lines because of my experience. He chose the Bullet Ski Line and I am sure he will get what he paid for also. A season or two of boarding out of it and that is normal for any ski line to last a year or two anyway.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-07-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
Jay- Your handle lasted 8 months??? That is amazing compared to how long my handles last. All my LF handles lasted about 2 weeks. I ride 3-4 times a week with 3 riders and a handle last 2-3 months.
Old     (wannabewakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-13-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
I sent payment for one july 25, Monday augest 8th Ken said it was being shipped, then yesterday I get an "alert" on ebay that the buyer(me) has not paid, So I called him this morning to find out that it was a mistake and it wasen't shipped yet and they did get my payment, Ken said he could maybe ship today but definenantly by tomorrow evening, and I would most likely have it by Friday to go ridin'

All in all I've been riding for 3weeks with an Orange Broom Stick handle that I keep on my boat for a spare and and old tube rope...Thanks Ken

Will see what happens, I'll keep you posted, But you may want to rethink your decision to buy from Bullet Lines.

(Message edited by wannabewakeboarder on August 13, 2007)
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
Sorry, for any problems contacting us this summer.. We have been swamped and frankly just under staffed.

The 5' sections on our white power core line have a recall because the loops are to small. If you email me, I will have 3 new 5' extensions mailed out. kland@bulletlines.com--- This will solve any shrink wrap problems the post on here are talking about.

Michael,

You sent a personal check into us without giving us enough information about what the payment is for. Once you made us aware that you had not received your order, I did the best I could to track down what happened. Your item shipped out, and you will have it by Friday like I promised on the phone.

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
I forgot to comment on quality... We build our products to last 2-3 seasons for the average rider (I would bet that our competitors build to the same product life expectancy). Product life is all dependant upon how well someone takes care of their equipment, and how hard someone rides. The ironic thing here is we get our products made at some of the same manufacturing plants that our competitors do.

All I can say is we manufacture an honest quality product at a considerable savings. I built this company on the fact that I felt most wakeboarding equipment was way over priced. If anyone thinks they can wakeboard better or have a longer lasting product by spending an extra $50 - $100 on a similar non-stretch Spectra or Dyneema rope and handle combo, then go for it. I doubt you will get much more life out of the product; at least not another $50-$100 worth

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines

(Message edited by bulletlines on August 15, 2007)
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
I would say they make a decent quality product...I bought a handle/rope from them and it got heavy use and lasted a season....this year I got all designer stuff (LG, straightline) and they are starting to break down at about the same rate as the bullets....I am currently trying to buy some fat sacs from them and will have no worries buying from them in the future....

KEN....
BTW is there anywhere to buy your product besides having to bid on Ebay?!?!?!?
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
You can buy anything from Ken/Bullet Lines directly from their web page. (www.bulletlines.com).
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-15-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
^^^^thanks....I guess they don't manufacture the bags, only the pumps...cuz the bags weren't on their site