Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-19-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Glenn Beck truly is insane

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Conservative Libertarian
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Reform
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-19-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
As soooon as I read the title I was hoping for that clip.

I don't understand how he stays on the air... EVERY SINGLE other network/ "news" person understands he is nuts.... he is good for comedy sake though
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-19-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
awesome
Old    deltahoosier            03-19-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
seeing that it is John Stewart, I won't bother watching.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-19-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
seeing that it is John Stewart, I won't bother watching.
2nd that
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-19-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
^^^ Why. Just curious what it is about Stewart that would make you not want to watch...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-19-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
Glenn Beck has to speak for someone Manzo...
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-19-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
It's actually funny how Stewart equates what Beck as saying is ratication of a race, when what he is talking about is how both Russia and Germany were about Social Justice. It's about the emitional plea. I actually really don't like Beck, but that part is funny.

Yes, Wes, Stewart is just as annoying as Beck, hate to break it to you.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflat53212 View Post
Yes, Wes, Stewart is just as annoying as Beck, hate to break it to you.
^this
Old    deltahoosier            03-19-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
I have heard Glenn Beck maybe twice for maybe a 5 minute at a time. The couple of times I did listen to him, his points made sense. He did seem a little fast paced and east coast fast talk vince from sham wow kind of way.

John Stewart is a comedy show host. I have seen more stewart than Glenn Beck by at least 30 to 1. John is a self described liberal who happens to have a comedy show. He found an audience during the Bush administration by repeating the same democrat lies that they had nothing to do with (insert topic). He now will hit the democrats from time to time (he has too, they run everything) but he still likes to try and stick with his political hack ways.

His shtick is typical. Frame out of context points into your sub context. Make fun of it. Ignore the rest of the message.

That's why I mock mostly leftist political commentary because much of it comes from comedy shows. The reality hardly any leftist political talk shows actually stay on the air because most of the arguments really do not hold water logically and end up sounding more of a hate fest than anything. Not saying some of the conservative shows don't do that, but, logically much of the content makes sense. Stewart stays on because he makes people laugh. Pure and simple. He is a genius at what he does but at the end of the day he does what ALL comedians do.

They take a real life situation. Take it out of context and place it in an out of context situation and make people laugh at it. Just like Dave Chappelle. Pure genius. Loved the show. Agreed with almost all the skits premises but I sure as heck am not going to take political/ economic advise from him.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
As soon as I saw the title I knew what this was, hilarious!

Did you spot his white Converse he was wearing with his suit? Pretty funny too...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-19-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
haha yeah the shoes are classic
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       03-19-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
Stewart, gets funnier and funnier as time goes on. He nailed his portrayal of Beck right on the head.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
I don't like Glenn Beck and I think Stewart is a moron. Colbert is more entertaining...his ratings suggest that too.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-19-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
I don't watch Beck, but I've never been able to stand Stewart...for those who were asking why I wasn't going to watch.

I'm more of a "we the people" kind of guy than a me vs you type. Most of these guys just try to keep the division alive.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-19-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Kind of disappointing cuz John Stewart is usually a lot funnier than that. Seems like he tried way too hard and spent way too much time trying to make a point by taking Beck out of context. Beck comes up with a lot of stuff on his show that everybody should know, whether or not they think it's important enough to worry about or whether or not they agree with Beck's philosophy. Yes, he's a little dramatic and annoying, but he provides good information in most cases. I actually can't watch it too much cuz it's kind of depressing when you start learning some of this stuff. Many people who have not spent a lot of time watching his show will argue against these points and that's fine. That's their loss. I'm not hear to convince anybody to watch Glenn Beck.

Unfortunately, the way his show is structured makes it really easy for guys like Stewart to cherry pick out-of-context clips and make fun of them. Usually, Stewart does a much better job.