Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-07-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Ok, so this WS March "group buy" sale has me wondering. If anyone has been following, I have installed in my boat right now the following:
2 x Pro80's powered by Syn2 amp
6 x 650's by Syn4 amp
XS-xxx sub by Syn1 amp.
WS 420
New batteries, etc.

However, the boat has not left the dealer yet, so with this new March sale I am thinking I can upgrade by either returning or selling my syn2 for the tower and doing one of the following, or whatever you guys might suggest:

Add a 485 to the tower with syn6 amp powering it plus existing p80's.
Add M8 2010's plus amp.

I think the p80's are going to cover me fine for wakeboarding, and my goal with any upgrade will be geared towards party cove tunes, i.e. close or in boat, not 80' away.

THoughts?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-07-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
I don't have personal experience but I think I would go with the MB8's instead of the 485. I like the looks better and I think I remember Tim or some other stereo guru's saying you will get better SQ or fuller sound for partying with the Pro80's and MB8's. I could be srong though.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-07-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
I had the 3-Some powered by the Syn6, and it was unbelievable. After the first season though, I sold the 485 and will be adding MB-8's, powered by Channels 5-6 on the Syn6. The 3-Some is just plain loud. I thought it was too much, but maybe I'm getting too old.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
brian,

it all gets down to what you really want and like as far as look. 4 PRO 80's is going to rock. LOUD.

You have a 420 so you can dial them down when chilling in the cove as well so I really wouldn't over think it to much

The MB-8 and 80 combo is perfect for those that want the 4 speaker look like what you have with the 4 80's but are more into surfing and just party cove.

The 3-Some is going to be for those that like the look and want something that can get really loud and have a ton of mid bass also.

All of the set ups are going to be really loud and have a ton of volume. So depends on what you like as far as style goes

John,

Never too old!!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-07-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
TIm, thanks for the input, but you basically said that whatever i do is awesome! lol

To clarify, I now have just 2 pro80's. I am thinking of adding either the m8's or one 485. Or nothing. As far as just party cove in and around the boat, what would be best, adding m8's or the 485? Thanks!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-07-2010, 7:09 PM Reply   
I would do the 485. Like Tim said you can use the ws420 to dial it down while chilling. When you go ride you dial it up and have plenty of volume.