Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-22-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
Ok my dealer supposedly got approval for my cracked 2010 Byerly Monarch to get replaced under warranty. That's great but that was now a month ago! How long should this take? I love supporting local dealer but if I would have got this board from Evo or some other online retailer I woulda probably had the replacement in less than a week.

So my question what's you guys experience? Why is this taking so long?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       10-22-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Usually faster than a month that's for sure, but don't hold it against Byerly, could be your dealer.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-22-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
Don't know when you bought it, but if it was in 2010 that's a 3 year old board, broke and shipped back at the end of the season. Smile that you're getting a free one
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       10-22-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
+1 on that
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-22-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
dealer could have dropped the ball for sure.

I had a LF board with an issue, from the time they received my defective board to getting a new one was no mare than a week (including shipping), so it maybe took them a day or 2 to process the claim
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-22-2012, 11:21 AM Reply   
It's been in use just over 2yrs but the crack(at first i just thought it was the clearcoat finish or i scrapped the board but didn't seem cracked) started well inside of 2yrs.

Anyway I was amazed shortly after posting this thread I got a PM from Jessie at HOsports inquiring about my issue. He did some digging even called my dealer and it turns out that my dealer was at fault for using a incorrect email address to send warranty stuff to. Jessie said he would take care of it and get my board out 2nd air! Now that's some good customer service!
Now dealer on your other hand I just can't believe they sat on this for so long, without checking.

Last edited by Nordicron; 10-22-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Mistake