Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-19-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
Hit up the Utah boat show and was VERY impressed with those new pickle fork Tiges. (plus some pics i have seen on this website)

Anyone know if there is a difference in the hull and therefore wake for both boarding and surfing between the RZ2 and the 22ve? they look the same except for the pickle fork, but is it really the same?

Thanks guys!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-19-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
yes, the rz and ve hulls are basically the same below the water line. For surfing, their wakes are pretty equal. For boarding, I have heard that a heavily weighted rz pickle bow will plow a bit and disturb the wake as compared to the traditional nose of the ve.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-19-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
The only "new" pickles are the 20 footers R20 & RZR.the Rz2 and 4 have been around since 07. Early reports on the new boats look good for both wakes from what I have seen/heard. Took the RZR out with stock ballast and it was very nice in both wake and surf . Of course to be a true boss surf wake more ballast would be needed.As CHP said the RZ2 and 22VE are the same below the water line. They are very close in wakes IMPO. RZ2 with the 2k lb. pro ballast system is insane. I really see no need for more. It does get a little finicky with to much nose weight as where the older V's an current VE's love nose weight. Take a demo in one you will be glad you did. They drive/handle sooo nice. One of.......if not the best tower in the indusrty. Solid.... easy up and down,wetsounds for a stock stereo and the best warranty in the indusrty....yeah i am a fan of Tige for sure. What your seeing is only the tip of the iceberg as they say. Demo one let us know what you think.

Last edited by kko13; 02-19-2011 at 5:39 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-20-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
x3 i have a 22ve and have loaded it down with 2100lbs and it makes a killer wakeboard wake. as for surfing i haven't tried behind my boat. i don't really surf.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-21-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
Robert, the 22ve has a very nice surf wake and is considered by many to be one of the best.