Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    meyerb            10-25-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
So, I have been wakeskating for some time now and unfortunately I am the only one who has any interest in it that I ride with. I can wakeboard but because of landing in flats/snow/skate impacts my knees are not the same so I do not wakeboard as much.

I often feel bad trying to progress wakeskating because I fall a lot. I can hit wake to wake 180s, double ups and many grabs.I feel so bad trying to push myself because I fall so much when trying new tricks.

It doesnt help that everyone is always like "dude it is so boring watching you wakeskate and so much cooler when you wakeboard". When I lived in Colorado my friends would try to tell me that they would not even let me wakeskate unless I wakeboarded. THey just dont understand how hard and fun it is.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-25-2006, 11:42 PM Reply   
If you're not falling, you're not learning. Anyone who does any type of boardsport should understand this and have no problem with it. When it is your time on the water, it is your time on the water....you're not there to entertain the others in the boat, you're there to progress....

Move to SoCal & we can progress together...
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-26-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
If all your crew wants to do is watch people look cool behind a boat, they are lame. Screw them, just have fun! If the people I ride with tried to discourage me from what I love, I would find others to ride with.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-26-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
I feel the same way, especially when im in a super sacked out boat, its just a pain, but what my buddies tell me, dont F-in worry about it, keep tryin it, stick it, they get pumped off it even though they just stick to their own thing, sorry man, your crew sounds pretty closedminded.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
move to nor*cal....wakeskating is the future, not wakeboarding
Old    meyerb            10-26-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
I did just move to Nor Cal. No crew yet.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-26-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
taco....you have plenty of riders up there already

I needs a few more skaters down here...
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-27-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
I got no one to skate with here in sac
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-27-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
What? How can they not appreciate a W2W 180, a DU or grabs on a skate? Lame.

BTW, I don't know how doing all that is any better on your knees than wakeboarding.
Old    meyerb            10-27-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
Ben,
I know the time is changing but I would love to skate wit you. My bro has a Callabra and we go out after work. Hit me up.

David, I do not go as big onskate, thus not as hard on knees.

B
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
bryan meyer, if youre looking for people to ride with you should check out www.norcalwake.com we just had a our 3rd convergence which is a wakeskate only event where a lot of us met up at camp far west for the weekend and rode behind boats, jet skis, and winches. we do this at the beginning and end of the season. you will also meet a lot of new people to ride with. everyone i ride with i met on that site
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-28-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
I got tuesdays and wednesdays off, the best water of the week, you name the place Bry!
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-09-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
I rarely let strappers ride behind my boat
Infact we rarely have wakeboards on the boat.