Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (psycho)      Join Date: May 2003       02-04-2005, 11:02 PM Reply   
LOOKING TO MEET PEOPLE IN PHOENIX AREA. ANYONE IN THE AREA, SPEAK UP. LOOKING TO FIND SOME GOOD SPOTS TO RIDE. WHAT LAKES DO YOU LIKE TO GO TO?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-05-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
There are a lot of us here. Come Monday there should be a few people that will respond. Where are you at?
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
steven what are you talking about? monday? do you live in washington or what? hey derik man i am in the same boat it has been hard to find anybody out here. today was the first time since i moved here that i have been on some water.
Old    aram            02-05-2005, 9:44 PM Reply   
Hehe, IT'S WINTER and COLD! The boat doesn't even go back into the slip until April 1st. If you're availalable weekday mornings, we go allllll summer long. Weekends on any lake except for Roosevelt are jam packed, but on weekdays Saguaro, Bartlett and Pleasant are all good. Keep in touch, right Hahn!
Old     (psycho)      Join Date: May 2003       02-05-2005, 10:57 PM Reply   
good to see there are some riders out there to respond. i realize it's winter but i'm just looking to meet some people. i'm starting to really get the itch to ride. i'm down in Chandler. when i first moved back from Vegas i was going to Bartlett. I work on the weekends so i usually go on the weekdays, it's perfect. by the way my real name is Jason.

(Message edited by psycho on February 05, 2005)
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-06-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
www.azwakesports.com
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
I'm going to take this opportunity to plug the Arizona Wakeboard Association. It is a great way to meet wakeboarders in the Phoenix area. Check out our website at www.theawa.com for event dates.
Old    aram            02-07-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
Jason, shoot me an email. The biggest problem we have is finding a third to go with us to Saguaro on weekdays. If yer available weekdays, we'd love to have you along.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-07-2005, 10:47 AM Reply   
Washington transplant. Rode Firebird yesterday and trunked it. Not that cold in comparison to Sammamish this time of year. Thanks Brinks for the pull tell Wolf the same. Will see you guys on the water this week.

Hahn

p/s here's a pic of Ben Losch yesterday.

Brett Brinkerhoff

Jimmy Wolf
Old     (psycho)      Join Date: May 2003       02-07-2005, 12:29 PM Reply   
are you talking about firebird raceway? if so i didn't know you could get on that lake. is it open to the public?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-07-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
I don't think it's open to the public?
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-07-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
Oh great the day I dont go to firebird the infamous Steven Hahn shows up. If you ever want a pull Steve you could get my number for Larry and Gordy Taylor. My names Joseph Shipka by the way.
Old    aram            02-07-2005, 11:28 PM Reply   
Firebird huh? I guess that clears up your public lake problem Hahn. Looks like you guys even had decent water.
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-08-2005, 12:05 AM Reply   
is there any way of getting a ride out there then?
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-08-2005, 5:48 AM Reply   
If you know somebody with a boat out there.
Old    michaelvinczii            02-09-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Just wanted to say thank you to Joe and Joseph for the pull yesterday, sorry about the boat problems... and thanks to Steven Hahn and Brett Brinkerhoff for shooting film and the still shots. Cant wait to see them up.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Michael, You know you can't be in flames on Firebird don't you?? The whole lake will blow up!
By the way, how is brinkerhoff new little wakeboarder doing?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-09-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Here are a few from yesterday.
Joe

Mike

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-09-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
One more of Joe:

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-09-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
fantastic pictures Hanh. I love the ones where you can see the reflection. Keep up the good work.

(Message edited by antbug on February 09, 2005)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-09-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
love the reflection shots! Nice!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-09-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
yes, the reflection shots are aweosme!!! What was the air/water temps like?
Old    reddog25cf            02-09-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
That's my boy Mike.... been riding with him for a few years out here in IN, it's about time he's getting some exposure... all I can say to those people riding with him is PUSH HIM. He needs it... he's got the talent and the motivation, he just needs that little extra push.... Lovin' the pics...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-09-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
Air 65 water 50. I'm glad you guys liked the shots. Unfortunately I'm going to stop posting them as I am compiling a gallery for a piece I'm writing on Firebird lake. So Phoenix area outlaw riders, if your interested in getting some shots and you know Brett Jimmy or Joe. Get out to the lake sometime in the next couple of weeks. I should be shooting a couple of days a week.

Steven
Old    michaelvinczii            02-09-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Those shots look great Steven! Nice job!
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-09-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting the pics Steve, we haven't got the boat to the shop yet but we will pretty soon. Century is getting prepared for their boat show, so it will take a little bit of time, I just want to know whats exactly wrong with it.
I gotta give Jimmy a call and see when he rides. Steve, if your ever out on someones boat and they need a third give me a call.
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-09-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
hey steve man hook me up with a ride some day. i am new to the area and just want to meet some new people and check out the scene. i am used to riding back home on the delta with some of those guys or out at lake sonoma with some great riders and i want to see what arizona is about.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-10-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
I would have to say that after spending some time here in Arizona, that all the riders and people I've met are very cool. I'm impressed at the level of riding and the number of riders that ride well. It's encouraging to see all the younger guys out there pushing each other to do new stuff. As for hooking anyone up, I'm the wrong person to ask. There are a number of guys on this thread that ride here. Got some good stuff yesterday. But you'll have to wait for it.

Thanks everyone.

Steven
Old    wkbrd13            02-13-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
Whats up guys I am always looking for people to ride with I can never get a group together in the winter. Pretty much anyday works for me so hit me up.
Old     (dbo)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
hey aj just give me two days notice and i can be there but am available all of the time.
Old    wkbrd13            02-15-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
ill probly hit the lake in a couple of weeks after my school stuff starts to slow down, but ya ill let you know
Old    andrew_jellum            03-27-2005, 10:25 PM Reply   
i can ride when ever just lookin to get some rideing in can help with gas money hmb