Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    otis            12-06-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Anyone have any recommendations for a beginner's wakeboard for a 10 year old boy? What size should I be looking for? Thanks!
Old    walt            12-06-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Find a board with a Continuous Rocker like the Hyperlite Motive 134
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2003, 12:36 PM Reply   
Dave - Double Up has some boards for the little dudes. Under the grommets section. http://www.doubleup.com/
Old    veganx            12-06-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
Double Up Grommet 125 or Sirena 125
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-06-2003, 8:07 PM Reply   
My cousin is ten and i picked him up a jobe circus 128, he loves it. He can almost land a 3 after only one summer. It depends on how tall he is. Get him something shorter if he is short, longer if he is taller. Good luck!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-06-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
Most companies have a line of boards for groms. and they're all pretty good. But I'd say the Jobe Jinx 127, its exactly the same as the Lyman, so you know he's not going to progress out of it, but still forgiving to learn on.
But as said before it depends on how big he is, he might need something smaller.

(Message edited by kristian on December 06, 2003)
Old    maverick_gear            12-07-2003, 3:13 AM Reply   
GB just came out with several very nice kids boards, the Chopper 125 that looks like an old war plane witht he shark painted on it and the lexo 125/ 130 and the blue 130, check them out at a local dealer or www.gatorboards.com
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-07-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
It depends on how much you want to spend. You can look into a Hyperlite Voyager (less expensive,non molded fins. Or a Premier (molded fins)Hyperlite makes great boards for kids.Depending on his size, you can start with a 124 up to a 131. (if you want him to have some growing room)Check out your local board shop,you may find a great board on consignment (or just a great deal on a new board!) We have never gone wrong with Hyperlite!! Hope this helps!
Old    shanny            12-07-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
the CWB worm 2003 which you can see at www.overtons.com or CWB raven 2004 which you can buy at www.buywake.com and you can find more info at www.cwbwakeboards.com. they are pretty much the same board except the raven is the newer model. you get the package. for a low price CHECK IT OUT
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-08-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
Hyperlite makes a great board. My daughters have a premier 124 with belmont bindings. Great setup! They used to have a voyager 2 years ago but grew out of it. Best suggestion is to go to your local board store and check them out....