Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (replicant454)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
Ok, so I am trying to do the PVC tower speakers for my tower. I am one of those people that is very mechanically inclined, however, I cant custom fab anything for sh*t, my mind just doesnt wanna work that way. Does anybody have a real good write up (detailed) with pics for 6.5in tower speakers from pvc? I have looked at all the post and the DIYtower.com and still dont see how.
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
I think you can use the 6 in PVC. Cut to whatever length desired. Glue (any plastics house can advise on what type) on a flat round peice on one end (approx 6in dia) and router the edges.
You'll need to attach clamps and terminals. The speakers mounting holes should just drill into the pvc in the opened end

here is something I found on the internet
http://bierbower.net/diytower/PVC%20Speaker%20Cans.doc
Old     (elleduke)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
I used a combination of PVC and Metal pipe fittings. You can check them out on my install page. Basically I used black pipe fittings welded on the tabs to bolt to the tower and then used threaded connections to bolt it all together. Then I bondo-ed all the seams, sanded and painted. I also used Autocad originally for laying out the offsets and angles. Good Luck.
here are some pics of mine: Check out install here
Old     (replicant454)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-09-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
Elle Duke, I know how to cut the pvc and do all that, my main question is how did you actually mount the speakers to the pvc pipe? They look good!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-09-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
this will look and work much better.

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=519