Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    walt            07-10-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Where is water patrol when you need them? dumb azzes ...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-10-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
send that picture in to whomever patrols your waterways, and have them issue a ticket. stupidity at it's finest.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
And people wonder why we have to have so many laws about safe boating, that the rest of us just consider common sense.
Old    wakeupz            07-10-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
How dumb.

I thought I had seen it all too, until Shasta on Saturday where a guy was dragging three kids behind a tube that was tied to the swimdeck. They wereb't on the tube though. They were hanging off the back in the water. Hes was going about 4 mph. Through the entrance and into the Hoilday Harbor marina.

At least they were wearing life jackets. I let him know about CO...

p.s. homie in the backwards cap is giving you the stink eye.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-10-2006, 5:15 PM Reply   
Yeah I can't believe they put that tribal thing on boats either...
Old    wakeupz            07-10-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hah. Nice one.

(from someone with the same graphics even)
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Water patrol? It looks to me like their trying to wake board their way across the boarder up the Rio Grande. Where's the boarder patrol when you need them?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
damn...

I can't believe the driver let that happen
Old    bigrich            07-10-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
When you mistake a wakeboard tower for monkey bars then what else but hang monkeys from it.
Old    bigrich            07-10-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
I wonder what happened to all the wakeboards that should be in the racks??? Or could that be one of those fancy new tubing boats I have heard so much about.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
They had to get a better view of the kite tube they are pulling
Old    alanp            07-10-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
give them a break those guys are just getting ready to do a little bay watching.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
I saw a guy on a 3 seater Sea Doo PWC at Melones Yesterday with 4 people on the PWC and three in the tube they were pulling. Can we say over the limit...
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
no s***, we had someone baywatch off the boat this weekend!!! it was the funnyist thing I've seen in a looong time!!! head first off the boat, and we had a boarder in tow!!

(Message edited by malibu_monkey on July 10, 2006)
Old    mendo247            07-10-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
sooooo whats the big deal?????
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-10-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Ok this takes the cake for dumb!!!!!!!!! all the people in the boat and the guy standing holding the tower is also the flagger.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-10-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
nobody should be allowed to have an innertube on there wakeboard boat
Old    walt            07-10-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
We jump off the boat all the time while its going.. Never from the front.. Never with anyone/thing in tow.. and only with people that know what they are doing around a boat, water, and wakeboarding in general. Although it is also here in Florida where laws arn't as killer.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
wow, i count 12 people and a dog. forget limits, i like little room to move around. ;)
Old    walt            07-10-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
I think it might be more like 13 or 14 plus the dog ?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
12 confirmed in my mind, i'm thinking 13, and then theres the dog!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-10-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
Who cares, WHAT DOES THE WAKE LOOK LIKE?
Old    mendo247            07-10-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
it was even cooler to watch him pull power turns.. the guy on the inside tower leg was almost touching the water..

when we stood up to get a closer look because we couldnt believe our eyes, they cheered and waved like we were thinking damnnnn those guys are the shizzle
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
You guys never "ghost ride ya whip"?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5593850997912382179&q=ghost+ride
Old    mendo247            07-10-2006, 11:05 PM Reply   
"ghost ride the whip" LMA

Walt do we want to go there???
Old    walt            07-11-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Richard, Uhhh no.
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-11-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
CF 0825 PY - With that and the pictures, I would like the local authorities could come up with a couple hundred dollars in tickets.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
These are the types who gives us bad names!
They just have to donate thier boat and get back across the border!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-11-2006, 11:56 AM Reply   
was that at Pillsbury? I didn't think you guys got that kind of riff raff up there!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
who's up?
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
Great pictures of idiocy at it's finest, but what's with the internet police comments it's spawning? Mail the boat owner a ticket from the photo and wishing authorities would get some rev off them in tickets??? I glad you guys don't live next to me.

(Message edited by h2oterroristo on July 11, 2006)
Old    walt            07-11-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
Thomas,

Riff raff is everywhere.
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
i counted 13+dog+beer bong+ a tube (wtf?)
Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       07-11-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
i feel like I am looking at a wheres Waldo book where you can find all kinds of crazy stuff happening
Old    jason29            07-11-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
were these pictures taken at barryessa ? i believe i saw them also
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-11-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Hey Kenny, watch yourself man. "Get back across the border"? You seem to be the one giving us a bad name.

I really don't see why everyone is making such a big deal of contacting authorities. So they had a lot of people out. Is it their fault they all like to be on the water? Hell, isn't wakeboarding about just going out and having a good time with friends?
Old    00wakesetter            07-11-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
lyle,LOL!
Old    00wakesetter            07-11-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
I dont think its an issue of how many pepole but the fact that they are standing on the side of the boat holding onto the tower while pulling a rider. I could be wrong though!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-11-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
Ya great another A-Hole to give wakeboarders a bad name and there is not one wakeboard on the boat and we will still get shiat for it cause they are in a wakeboard boat.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Zach, first they are not only breaking the common sense law, but every other law around.
Give us a bad name sorry but I SERVE this country and I believe if you are here illegal then you should be cained and sent back for cutting in line with the true hard workers, illegals should not be rewarded for jumping the border! Give us a bad name,HA..
I was disgraced when people marched with the mexican flag, HELLO.. If you want to be an AMERICAN then march with the AMERICAN FLAG!
That is neither here nor there...

I made comment after reading other remarks, can it be offensive, yep but looking as though they are, racing across the border.....OOOO WELLL!

Maybe they should be smarter about boating since this reflects on all WAKEBOATS!!

PS ZACH did you actually look at the pics?
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-11-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
there is only one thing i hate worse than cops and that is wanna be cops
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-11-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
...and ignorant racists who can't see things for what they are.

I'm a white guy that has done his share of stupid stuff, what kind of redneck generalization would you come up with to explain my behavior if you busted me?
Old    00wakesetter            07-11-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Ohh god! Im out!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-11-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
I dont think it has anything to do with being a "wannabe cop". that is one of the lamest comments I have heard. it is people like this that give the small wakeboarding community a bad name. someone stated above, that there are no wakeboards on the rack, but they would still be labeled as wakeboarders because of the boat. I agree with that statement. kooks like this, who take their nice expensive wakeboard boats, anchor in some cove and get hammered give all boaters a bad name, let alone the small, already on thin ice wakeboarding community. do you think they have enough vests for everyone on that boat, should it capsize? I dont think so. the ignorance of everyone on that boat is scary.
Old     (spicoli512)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
What is up with all the whining? If you have a problem with the way the riders are behaving (ruining the water, power-turns), pull up and calmly address the driver. Talking about it after the fact does nothing. Most likely all the folks on this thread are aware of proper water etiquette.

Also, the racism is unacceptable. Thank you for displaying your own ignorance and portraying everyone associated with this thread in such a positive light.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
First off I pretty sure theres only one beaner 2 at the most on that boat and the rest of the geniuses looked like a bunch of honks. Second im not sure how there giving wakeboarders a bad name they dont even have a wake board. The only people stupid enough to classify them as wakeboarders will be the same people that want to send these kids back across the border. Wake Up. These are just dumb kids doing dumb things. We've all done dumb luckily for me there wasnt a camera to document my stupidity
Old     (zachr)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-11-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
Kenny, you just showed your ignorance. Nowhere did I mention anything about illegal immigrants. You are throwing around the association of an overcrowded car (or boat in this case) with illegal immigrants, which is a complete cheap shot. Also, you do realize the majority of illegal immigrants come here to work, so they are true hard workers, even if you don't recognize it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-11-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
Just keep them in CALI and away from TEXAS.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Here we go again!
Upload
Old    mendo247            07-11-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
isnt it the darwin effect or something along those lines.... smart people live, stupid people die...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-11-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
sadly though, the stupid people do take smart people with them occasionally.....
and I dont agree that race has anything to do with this. this is just stupid people doing stupid things. they should all be banned from the water for good!
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2006, 3:14 PM Reply   
Zach and the people deeming these morons as acceptable, would you put yourself in that position. I know I would want nothing to do with being on that boat. Sh!at Happens enough on the water,myself being involved in an accident, to have people like this to give us more problems then we already have. If you don't think Wakeboarding as a whole is under the microscope read the thread on the Williamette b!atch.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-11-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
WOW, this is getting outa control...

YES - they are breaking the law for standing like they are. That is it though...not reason to take it any further.
If Johnny-Law sees it and has a problem, then he will do something about it.

I think I'd be safe is saying it's not the smartest thing to do, but if someone were to rat me out thru a discussion board to Johnny-Law...BELIEVE ME you will get some nasty words from my mouth.

Don't be that guy!

90% of this thread is speculation!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Thank you Adam and Thomas I agree completely..

Zach you must not have read what you wrote. but anyways...(not to mention your comments in your profile?)

I Quote

"Why is it called a Mecican backroll?"
"Becuase they are stupid and no one likes them."

I'm not going to try to explain why I think what those people are doing labels "US" on the water.

This is also not a political forum.

Back to wakeboarding.......

Upload

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on July 11, 2006)
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Damn Dogs always messing things up for everyone
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
You know this started out as a funny post. Then it turns to a PC thing. Thats the problem with society nobody has the ability to laugh at themselves or others.These are all jokes so what its funny those guys are idiots they made us laugh. Everyone on here has done something stupid.I hit a sand bar at 1am in the morning last year and was stuck there till the tide came in.I was an idiot for trying to operate my boat wasted but it was funny.I could literally get out of my boat and walk around on the sand.As far as racism, racism is racism we should be able to laugh and joke about what ever.People make fun of me because Im from WV so what. Yea I asked my dad if he could hurry up and have me a little sister so I could have a date for the prom,and he said whats wrong with the one you have now? And I said dad I dont want to take mom thats embarrassing.So all you PC people shut the $%#@! up and learn how to laugh and be positive. Life is to short. Also watch the mind of Mencia he's all about NO PC BS.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Also right now those same guys in that boat are laughing reading these posts right now saying "see bro there all arguing this is funny there idiots.Hey next weekend we'll spay paint my little brothers kyak and pull that behind the boat then see what they post"
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Hit a sand Bar...how's this

Our 1st time up here on the new lake we are putting around scoping it out. no worries, my nephew gets in to board and when he crashes we hear him yell like a little beetch, so we speed around to see what is going on.. well the lake is not that deep 7-10ft, and it looks like a forest underwater at the one corner he crashes at. I mean an actual forest under water, trees and all. Well the top of one of the trees keep brushing he legs freaking him out. We still laugh hard bout that one.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-11-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
"I hit a sand bar at 1am in the morning last year and was stuck there till the tide came in.I was an idiot for trying to operate my boat wasted but it was funny.I could literally get out of my boat and walk around on the sand."

Please stay in WV you friggin hillbilly!
tell me how it is funny that you were operating a boat while wasted. I guess it would not have been so funny to you, if you had killed your sister, er girlfriend when you were wasted.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-11-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Damn Thomas, your post 3 up was funny. It said something about giving our small community a bad rap. Have you seen our sports professionals? Upload
Upload

I've been on several booze cruises in the wee hours. The funniest was the one at Shasta last year that my friends decided it was a good spot to go for a swim, it seemed reasonable. sadly when they jumped in they realized the boat was in 3 inches of water(just the bow). It happens. Yeah they are dumb but as long as boaters don't require a license and this goes unpunished it will be the norm. Sad but true. As long as they don't kill my homies I wish them luck.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       07-11-2006, 5:37 PM Reply   
So anyways, on a lighter note.....

There is 14 people plus a dog in the third picture.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-11-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
The story goes like this I invited my friend and his girlfriend out to this island about 1mile off shore in Tampa. I told him we would be spending the night there cause we would be drinking. Well he forgot to tell his girlfriend and her friend that we would be out there till morning.So the girls kept bitching wanting to leave and everyone was tired of them so against my better judgment I tried to take them back to the dock well I forgot about the tide and hit a sand bar. Sure I was upset at the time but now we all laugh about it.Sorry to Thomas I wish I could be as perfect as you think you are.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-11-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
It's stupid people who do stupid things that kill people.., often innocent people. Perhaps they don't KNOW that you aren't supposed to be standing in a boat or sitting anywhere but on the seats while it's moving, or that they need to have CG approved life jackets for everyone on board. Perhaps a healthy ticket will inform them and save a life.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
also for the record Us beaners dont cross the border on boats we climb fences and make a run for it. Please dont confuse us with those Cuban Losers.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-11-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
Now see... that was FUNNY! Welcome to WakeWorld G.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-11-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Haha nicely put G.
Old    wake_my_monkey            07-12-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
Were are all the Dudes at?
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-12-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
read walts profile

live life to extreme, yada yada yada

like what walt, taking pics of kids on their sweet boat and complain about them on wakeworld you are a real hell raiser my friend
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
I always like Walts pics. Makes for good entertainment when the thread turns out like this.
Old    walt            07-12-2006, 9:01 PM Reply   
Supra for Me,

It's a great quote IMO and I don't remember complaining at any point on this thread.

It was just a observation My friend.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-13-2006, 1:23 AM Reply   
Walt, love how you modified your "extreme" quote, hahah.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-13-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Nice Walt!
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
supra for me (supra24ssv)
there is a difference between "live life to extreme, yada yada yada" and doing something stupid.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
adam Curtis (acurtis_ttu)
Old     (cubanismo)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-13-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Holy balls! That's quality humor!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-13-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
I thought MB advertises "Triple-Up System is the biggest ballast system in the world" I guess I didnt know it looked like that
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
That's some funny sh**, I don't care who you are.

Larry The Cable Guy