Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-05-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
I still kinda have the option to go one way or the other on my new boat. I got everything for the rear included in the deal, with myself doing the install. Opinions? 06 Sanger V210 if that matters. Thanks.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
I had bags in the back of mine and replaced them with tanks. Never looked back, I hated the bags. The advantage of the V210 is you don't need much weight back there so tanks is all the weight you will need. The tanks I use create a false floor rather than mount on the side like the factory ones tho.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-05-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
I removed the hard tanks from my Centurion Avalanche to increase the size 400lbs vs 250lbs. It is also much easier to get to the engine for routine maintenance with bags. Tanks are hard to work around or remove for an oil change. With the new style ProX bags and fittings there are no leaks and other issues with earlier model fat sacks.
Old    walt            05-05-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
I'd run lead in the back to save on space.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-05-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
I may run a few hundred pounds of lead or steel shot hidden away up front and a bag in the walkway, but 500 to 600 pounds for the rear is more that I want to tow around. Kinda hard on the trailer and tow rig, not to mention fuel. This boat is already 500 pounds heavier that my previous boat. I'd rather just flip a switch.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-06-2006, 1:28 AM Reply   
plummed bags for sure...
-less space taken up for storage when not full
-can change sizes as you progress or regress
-no sloshing
-easy to remove for cleaning and storage