Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-13-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
i've been boardign for three years and still can't ride fakie any tips would be very appreciated
Old                08-13-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
It's all mental, really! When riding regular, your not thinking about the basics, because you are so comfortable with them. Well, next time you are just riding (regular), think about your body position, where your eyes are focused, and where your holding the handle ect.... Then try riding switch and apply everything you just realized that you do when riding regular. Believe me, its completely mental, and with much practice you can definitely overcome the mental block.
Old                08-13-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
thanks man i really appreciate the advise and will try that this weekend i guess i never thought about it that way i always just ollied and did a 180 and then about 20 seconds later went down face first
Old                08-13-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Instead of doing the ollie to get switch, try just getting up switch. That way it would be more controlled from the beginning. Also, I dont know how you have your stance setup. Personally, I like to have both of mine set up duck, and with the exact same angles and completely centered. Some people dont like that, but my theory is, Im obviously not going to be as good at riding switch as I am riding regular, so why would I want to give my myself more of a disadvantage by having more tail then nose or my front foot not as angled as my back when riding switch. But, thats all about what feels comfortable to you.
Old                08-13-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
i've got my board set up just like that, duck both at the same angle and centered. i've never tried getting up switch but im going to the lake in about 15 min. so i'll give it a try. thanks for the tip man
Old                08-14-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
well i tried it last night and it was a no go, i just could'nt keep my balance when i tried to cut out of the wake
Old                08-20-2004, 8:53 AM Reply   
lean back and just think about balance
practice practice practice
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-20-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
my feet are both ducked and centered, my switch riding and regular riding are almost the same. Comfortable riding both ways.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-20-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
don't think to much, just get up like you would regular but put your other foot forward instead. then just stand there like you do when you ride regular, pratice on land first with the position first, just hold the handle and stand there like you usually ride then try it switch.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-20-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
if you start to have troubles, let go with your rear hand and just coast and carve around - that will give you a lot more confidence.
Old                08-23-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it, i'm still trying and i can stay up for about 10 seconds now. i now its not much but i was pretty excited when i did it. thanks again for all the help
Old                10-11-2004, 9:40 PM Reply   
i can't turnnin fakie how do u turn?
Old                10-12-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
same as you do regular just mirrored. its weird at first but you'll get it, it just takes practice. also its not fakie! sorry theres just no fakie in wakeboarding, theres only switch. fakie is in skateboarding where you ride switch and pop the tail(switch nose whatever) to do tricks. if you try this on a wakeboard you would dig the nose/tail whatever you call it when your riding switch. on a snowboard you can do somewhat of a fakie ollie type but is not really usefull in snowboarding. sorry thats just the skater in me.