Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
I've been saving for a boat of my own, I'm almost there. I've been looking at the ski nautique 2001's, but I've seen a lot of other boats that look very similar. Do the malibu's, mastercraft, moomba, etc that look about the same put out about the same great wake I've heard about with the 2001? Also I saw a good deal on a barefoot nautique, is there a difference between the ski and the barefoot nautique?
Old    boardman74            02-14-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
Ben..You will hear about who has the best wake now for about 8 days. All boats will produce a wake and as a rule inboards and V-drives produce a better wake than say an I/O. With that said no 2 boats produce the same wake. Weight will increase size in most cases. Some boats are wide wakes, some narrow. Some have the more vert wake and others the more ramp. You could talk about transition and any other number of factors. You really have to ride behind the boat you are interested in and see if you like the wake and it fits you. The 2001 is known to have a very impressive wake for little money. It's drawback is size. When you get it sacked out you don't have much room left for anything. I'm not sure about the barefoot hull???
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       02-14-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 and love it. I can tell you that the barefoot hull has a v shape to it. Rumor has it that they are better in the chop but the wake is not as good but still not bad.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
jon, how's the wake in your boat without any weight? Like Todd said when you weight in down you have little room. I was thinking about making a different seat in the back and putting a sac underneath and hidden.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-14-2006, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have a 1986 Malibu Sunsetter and I like the wake, I have also ridden behind 2001's and their wakes have been proven over and over. Mine is really nice with about 1000lbs and 5 people in it. I can email you some pics, but I think that the ones I have are pretty far back. Mine is an open bow which is a huge plus in my opinion, especially for this era of boats. Build quality on the early Malibu's is nowhere near as good as the Nauti's though, mine needs a new floor. The Supra Sunsport has the same hull as the early Supra Launch DD's. These pics are of my Malibu and are probably with only 3 people in the boat and unweighted. Riders are at 75 ft at about 22mph. Sorry they are so far back.

(Message edited by srh00z on February 14, 2006)
Old    cmb            02-14-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
Barefoot is a super steep wake (too steep probably). But, the 2001 has a reputation for being a great affordable old school wake boat.