Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (jcocci)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm looking at the 06 X30 and LSV 23. What I'm looking for is a decent crossover boat - we would use it for skiiing, wakesurfing, pulling tubes and eventually for wakeboarding. Is the X30 a decent crossover boat?
Old    cmb            02-13-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
No. Wake is not conducive to skiers. The X2 would be more of one... Or a Coreect Craft 211 is very good at fitting both roles. You will not find a 23' v-drive with a good slalom wake.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-13-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
If you want to ski behind the boat too, you'd be better off with a DD and weighing it for wakeboarding, rather than buying a VD and trying to ski behind it... Just my opinion... Never ski'd behind a vdrive that was anywhere close to good...
Old    ldp            02-13-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
Even though I own a 06 X-30, I have not skied behind it. The wake looks a little on the big side at 28-34mph. But the wake plate does make a noticable difference in mellowing it out at faster speeds. If you are going to do alot skiing I would not recomend the X-30. From a wakeboarding standpoint I love the boat. The wake is on the steeper side (which I like) but it can become more mellow by adjusting te wake plate. Either way you won't go wrong, the 06 X-30 and the LSV 23 are great boats. If you do more sking than wakeboardeing check out the Malibu 23 Xti.

Here's a pic of the wake 23.5mph