Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            09-14-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
I had the misfortune of having a JACKASS on my boat that had black marker on his back. When he sat in my boat it left a Tattoo on my rear seat. Any Idea's on safley removing it??
Thanks

The photos shows a faint outline of the marker I have tryed cleaing it and this is as good as it has come out
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-14-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Grant don't worry, a full 2 or 3 days in the sun and it shouldn't be noticable.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
grant i know that the ink on my boat was quite a bit less then yours but, with just yesterday in the sun it has almost dissapeared. did you try chris's hairspay trick??

(Message edited by macdaddy on September 14, 2004)
Old    whitechocolate            09-14-2004, 7:54 AM Reply   
Jude: your right it has faded quite a bit from yesterday, So mabey what Lance is saying is correct.

I still feel like beating that guy over the head some people have no Idea.
Old     (xstar_mike)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-14-2004, 8:00 AM Reply   
I had one of my kids friends in my boat with marker on her hands. When her hands got wet and touched my seat I had the same thing happen. I cleaned it, as you have, and it has faded away. Good luck Grant. It was hard enough with an 11 year old who didn't know any better, I would be pissed if it was an adult.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-14-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
try soft scrub with bleach and then use any vinyl cleaner/conditioner afterwards (avail at west marine) -- the soft scrub will get the ink out and the vinyl cleaner will get the soft scrub out and condition it for you.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-14-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
We all gave each others tattoos, my friend left a huge mark on the seat. my dad went crazy.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-14-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
Acrasol.

This stuff will take off pen ink, gum, and much more. This is what all the detail shops use. Just go to one and try some. if it works out buy some from the shop.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-14-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
oh yeah DONT USE BLEACH.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, I was at Lost Isle on Saturday and saw a guy with black marker all over his back. It said something about a Bachelor Party. Was that your guy?
Old    whitechocolate            09-14-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
Louis No we were at Lake Mc Clure