Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-18-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
Wondering who is goin, thinking about heading that way.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-19-2003, 6:45 PM Reply   
HI Brandon, well, I WAS so looking forward to going out to the Canyon Lake finale, but due to a labor strike in so Cal, I got hired on at Stater Bros for the duration of the strike and I have to work. But the rest of Team Valdez will be there. Blue Water Marina will be rockin!!! (sniff, sniff)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
Team total bald guy and family will be there!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-19-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
We have over 75 reserved for the awards dinner. If anyone out there is planning on going, and has RSVP'd yet, shoot me an email so I can get you dialed ($20 for adult, kids 10 and under $10).
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-19-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
How many people will be in the tourney?? Similar to Canyon? Are there places to camp??
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-20-2003, 8:17 AM Reply   
Hey Nathan Hatton and I are heading out on Thursday evening, would love to hook up with some people for Friday on the water. We are looking for a 3rd, 3rd and 4th or other boaters for some riding and fun. Shoot me a e-mail if interested, I can't wait, this should be an awesome event!!

Cheers
Old     (socalrider)      Join Date: May 2002       10-20-2003, 5:08 PM Reply   
I will be there staying at La Paz Campground. No competing, but I will most likely stop by to check out the contest.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-20-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, La Paz would be the place to camp (just a few miles up river). I think the BlueWater may be booked. There is a Best Western about a mile away that still has rooms. The comp. will be about like the regular Canyon tourneys, except it will start at 9:30, and there will be no practice (takes a little longer to get things going ion the mornings).
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-20-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
Jonathan, we should be there Friday about check in time (Have a video shoot at Elsinore in the morning). Should have enough time to take a set before sundown.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2003, 10:12 PM Reply   
Heard the weather is supposed to be 70 and rain for both days. I won't be able to make it, so good luck on the rain. I'll pray to the sun gods for you.
Old     (socalrider)      Join Date: May 2002       10-21-2003, 7:16 AM Reply   
The weather on coloradoriverinfo.com and yahoo are calling for it to be in the 90's. Hopefully it will be sunny and hot, but a thunderstorm in the afternoon would be pretty sweet.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-21-2003, 7:27 AM Reply   
I looked on Yahoo for Needles and Havasu. Needles they show 80 and windy on Saturday, for Havasu they show 79 and sunny. Friday it's going to be 90 and calm, and Sunday the same. So cross our fingers for Saturday that there will be no or little wind. They don't show any rain on either forcast.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-21-2003, 8:11 AM Reply   
My wife went to high school in Parker and her reunion (I wont say which one) is there this weekend so I will be there. I didnt know that there was an event - can somebody give me some details please.

Oh, and if there are going to be some people needing 3rds - I can talk the wife into going shopping while I ride (talk about an expensive pull!!! ouch!)
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-21-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
Jim, when will you be heading out? I will be looking for a third on Friday for sure, we are heading out on Thursday night. Saturday is the competition but I am sure everybody will heading out on the water after the comp. Here is some info. Come join us! Check your e-mail, I sent you some more info.

Jonathan

It's time for the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club's year end Anti-Comp and Awards Bash at the world famous Blue Water Resort in Parker, AZ. All the boarding and debauchery you've come to expect from the CLWC on the crystal clear Colorado River. So pack up the family, boards and boat, and come join us for one last event this year, before you actually wind up at one of those Christmas sales! Everything goes down Saturday, October 25th. Registration ($10 + WWA insurance, daily $15) opens @ 9:00am, Comp starts @ 9:30am, and Awards banquet ($20/person) @ 7:30pm. Nothing is over until we decide it is!

The BlueWater Resort is located @ 11300 Resort Drive, Parker, AZ 85344. Tel. (888) 243-3360 or (928) 669-7000 for rooms.
Old     (coopair)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-21-2003, 10:02 PM Reply   
A little water never hurt me Brandon and expecting another great weekend of boarding. Weather will be epic. Jonathan I'm going boatless and would love to try and get a ride on Friday.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-22-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
Cooper sounds good, I sent you an e-mail.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-22-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
I unfortunately won't be there. I didn't get a hall pass for the weekend. Definitely post the stories on WW and have fun!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-22-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Right on Cooper! You are welcome to ride with us, also (we'll probably be getting there a little later on Friday). Sean, that's too bad, I was gonna buy the first round, but if you're not going...
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-23-2003, 8:40 AM Reply   
Jeff Friday afternoon we will look for you guys. Let's all try to hook up! Hey, like last time if you need any help during the comp. just look for Nathan and I, we would love to lend a hand.

Cheers,

9 hours to go!!!!
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       10-23-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. Hot. High 98F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.

Tomorrow night: Clear skies. Low near 65F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 90s and lows in the low 60s.

Sunday: Sunshine. Highs 102 to 106F and lows in the upper 60s.

Looks like the weather outlook has changed, bring your bimini top, it's going to be warm! Yeahhhhhh
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-23-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
I'll Be there for shizzle dizzle...lol. (Gotta represent the so-cal pimp stizzle)

All jokes aside its going to be a ton a fun. I'll be there bright and early Sat. I'm not really looking foward to that cold Parker water. I'll just try not to fall.

I know, I know I'm a wuss....but cold water sucks!
Old    robert7411            10-24-2003, 8:30 AM Reply   
any one need a ride i am going up there