Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-07-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
So my girl just got me an 07 Marius Platinum 141 with the 08 ltd shanes. Im so stoked!!! I broke my old Marius hitting the slider and have been ridin my old absolute for a while!!!

She bought the board on ebay "brand new" from DWC boardshop. It was labeled new but it is a blem board. In the past I have had warranty issues with CWB bc of the D that is carved in. Should we send it back to DWC or will CWB still cover the board in case something were to happen while riding. (not hitting slider) I know the guys are awesome at DWC but i just wasnt sure what I should do...the board is in almost perfect conditionb except for a few minor scratches. What do you think?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-07-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
Well, either way the warranty's going to get processed by CWB...

BUT, dealers wield more power than individuals, so I'd say send back to DWC. One downside about that: it significantly increase the time it takes to get the board back.

Go through the dealer.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
it voids the warranty when u slide it. congrats though wes on the new set up
Old     (zirb3l)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-07-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
dang...

im pretty sure i wont be getting anything like that for my bday!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-07-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I think you need to send the board back, go to WalMart and pick up a Hydroslide so you can mess that one up all you want.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-08-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
the board is not for a slider!!!! im just worried about breaking the board or something behind the boat. Clint I have an old full throttle I found in my garage the other day from like 98 that is hot pink......It will definetly be meeting the slider!!! I guess I will call DWC and ask them if they would send me a board first or something...
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
Call CWB and ask if they have the same warranty on Blems
425-775-5416
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-08-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Ride it like you stole it. then tell your girl nice job and slap her on the ass. or whatever you like.

Honestly, contact DWC and see if they're willing to budge on the new vs blem argument. BTW a "dealer" thats putting boards on ebay may not be in the best standing with CWB. But i wouldn't count on CWB doing much. Not product issue, so there's no CWB obligation at all, unless its through DWC. Since its "new", maybe they'll work with you.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
DWC is a great shop and I am sure they are in great standing with CWB, dont think you will have any problems if anything happens with the board.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-08-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
good to know. hopefully they work it out for ya.

I bought a blem (knowing it was a blem) from shop. a season later, yanked the binding inserts out. the shop sent it in and the manuf warrantied the board as a blem. Knowing CWB's customer support track record, i agree it shouldn't be a problem. Just a bit of gray area b/w the buyer, shop, and manuf.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-08-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
Wes I have an 07 Marius Platty I would sell you for a couple hundred bucks. It has been on the water twice. I got it thinking it would be a good board but after trying it a few times I remember why I quit riding CWB. The dually was the last cwb board I rode. I guess the one nice thing about this board is it doesnt weight 20 lbs like the dually.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-08-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Tom conway is a stand up guy and I am sure he will take great care of you!