Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old     (blacter)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-09-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
We're planning to drive down to Shasta this weekend for an end-of-season fling. Can any of you who've been on the lake lately give me a water level report. Thanks. We usually launch at Packers Bay.

(Message edited by blacter on September 09, 2004)
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       09-09-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
http://www.shastalake.com/shastalake/
try this link.every thing you ever wanted to know about shasta but were afraid to ask......m.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-09-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
The water is low but I've seen it much lower. It's still a massive lake with endless great places to ride. I'll be there this weekend as well.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       09-09-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
We launched out of Packers Bay last weekend. It is about 90 feet down, but plenty of water.
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-10-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
Just spent the long weekend houseboating and riding up the Pit Arm on Shasta and there is still plenty of water. It's down a lot, yes, but still lots to ride. Water was flat all day, all weekend.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   

Mangus - Whats up we did not hook up last week on Shasta, We hooked up with Kimmy & John and there crew up Little Back Bone, Yes the water is WAY down but still plenty to ride. We rented out of Jones Valley

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (magnusm)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-10-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Mike - I got no reception on the lake so had no way to call. I guess AT&T let me down again. I figured I'd bump in to you up the pit arm, but I guess if you were up Little Back Bone that would explain why I didn't bump in to you. At least you hooked up with that other crew though. I was surprised at how quiet the lake was. Even in the middle of the day there was not a lot of boats out and the water was flat. Is this normal for labor day? Seemed surprisingly quiet.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       09-10-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Racer #5 - I have to ask - where you the houseboat at the end of little back bone right before all the mud? We went up to the waterfall and a bunch of people from that boat were up there.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   

Nope - We were on Kimmy & Johns new houseboat then headen back towards Jones Valley, Yellow X-Star next to it.
Old     (sordave)      Join Date: May 2002       09-10-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
Good - as we were heading back from the waterfall, my kids were introduced to the strong smell of pot - I mean really strong. Then as we were getting back in our boat, this lady starts screaming at this guy for being such a bad influence to her nephew (the f-bombs she was dropping weren't the best influence).

It was quite a sight.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   

Sorry you had to hear that (EAR-MUFFS),