Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    sherlock633            09-02-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
is a seadoo good for wakeboardin. i can buy implants to make the wakes bigger if neccesary
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
oh yeah the wakes are sick
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
wake?? what wake.... lol better then nothing though. I dont have a boat, so i am also looking into a jet-ski (yea, yea i kno but its all i can afford)i have ridden behind them before and like i said there isnt much wake but its better then nothing
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-02-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Ok, Im probably gonna catch a bunch of crap for this but PWC's should not be allowed on lakes or rivers unless they (lake/river) are at full chop. That way we can enjoy good water for boarding without those annoying things getting in our way, or jumping our wakes while were towing.
Old    walt            09-02-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
I would love to ride behind one just once to see how much I could pull the Seadoo around while edging really hard.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-02-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
I'm voting for Paul for President !
Old    edward            09-02-2004, 9:15 PM Reply   
i agree with the jet skis just being annoying i mean during the weekend mid day u can't get much boardin done anyways but they always have the people that come out at 8am on a cold morning when the lake is glassed and we're the only boat out there. plus because there are no other boats there are no waves so they want to jump our wakes behind us while we're boardin, if we were to fall we could easily be hit because if they're that stupid to do all the other stuff then they probably aren't payin much attention to us boarders. the only thing i have thing i have seen a jet ski be useful was when pulling a boarder to hit some sliders. thats it.
Old    lunaraven            09-03-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
I have a boat and a PWC. I love the PWC for wakeskating. I find no enjoyment in driving around like a tard on a PWC, its good for exploring new areas before bringing the boat in as the PWC can run in more shallow waters. For wakeboarding you cant do much other than minor surface stuff and ollies but I will take it out in the heart of winter sometimes.
As far as being annoying I find the PWC driver no worse than TUBER's, tubers drive just as erratically and though IMO they should be ripping it up in the choppy part of the lake, they always come and ruin the butter.
Old    sherlock633            09-03-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
i luv pwcs, i grew up around them. hole familys got them. i never get ne were near a wakeboarder though. coz i know how anoying they can be. still hate tubers.
Old     (tallman)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Paul, has my vote for president too. We had an idiot chasing and jumping our waves two nights ago. Like ED said they could eaily hit a boarder if they fell.
Old    byerly137pro            09-03-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
Yah I have to say Jet-skis do suck for wakeboarding, trust me I know. I also think there a good stepping stone for begginers, having such a small wake allows you to get a good feel for being agressive and edging and popping really hard. I think there good to build confidence but they suck for progression. And thats why this winter my GTX 4-Tech is going up for sale and the boys our family are gonna piss my mom off and get ourselves a new wakeboarding ride.
Old    sherlock633            09-03-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
lol awesome story for u tube haters. i was out on my pwc jumping this tubers wakes to make him mad then at the last sec he made a fast u turn and he almost hit me. but i caught a wake and sailed over their tubers and nearly hit them. they got so pissed. they got their cell phones out and started callin the police.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-04-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Just an fyi for you pwc people: Calif boating law states jumping the wake from other watercraft is illegal. Ive never heard of anyone getting hasseled for it though.
Old    jojomantor            09-06-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
i think those sea doo's are pointless unless u are good at rails
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
there not pointless if thats all u can afford
Old    jojomantor            09-06-2004, 3:46 PM Reply   
i have 2 sea doos but i dont wakeboard behind them
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
paul said: "Ok, Im probably gonna catch a bunch of crap for this but PWC's should not be allowed on lakes or rivers unless they (lake/river) are at full chop. That way we can enjoy good water for boarding without those annoying things getting in our way, or jumping our wakes while were towing."

Uh...yeah...and wakeboarders shouldn't be allowed on lakes and rivers unless it's hot, windy, and choppy so that fishermen can enjoy peaceful water without those annoying jerks driving around throwing huge rollers all over the place and swamping our boats while we're trying to fish.

Just kidding...I don't fish. But I still think that statement is retarded. Your thinking is the same as banning "bladder boats" because of some punk-ass wakeboarders' inconsiderate behavior.

I really think some of you need to go back to kindergarten and learn how to "play nice" with the other kids.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2004, 5:31 PM Reply   
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

if salomon tacos were president we would need to impeach him!!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-06-2004, 6:05 PM Reply   
Jonathan sounds like 2nd degree manslaughter waiting to happen. I suggest you sell your SeaDooDoo, and wait until you grow a brain before returning to any body of water larger than a bathtub.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       09-09-2004, 12:33 PM Reply   
Alright, I am going to put a final end to this nonsense. One, Johnathan, you are actually bragging about almost hitting the tubers. I was on a lake a few weeks ago that had the same thing happen, except two girls were killed because of some jack*&% like you. I can't belive that you would brag about that. Next, Salmon, what right do you have to call people retarded. If you board, you know what kind of not only problem but danger PWC's can be while wakeboarding. That is exactly what he was saying. That is what this site is for. Let it be!!

(Message edited by balr54 on September 09, 2004)