Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
I have to make the speaker holes larger to be am to install my db675 speakers. Which is easiler and or better??
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-05-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
I've used a roto-zipp and it was easy. I would be afraid that a jig saw would cause gel cracks from the excessive vibration. Use masking tape to cover the area where you will cut.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-05-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
I forgot to mention that the area in carpeted and fiberglass behind...thanks i have the zipp and feel better using it but thought i would throw it out there.

Thanks
Old    malibu_nut            04-05-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
i would definately suggest the roto-zip.
Old    bocephus            04-05-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Just remember to check where you are cutting. I was at the fiberglass repair shop yesterday and some bonehead cut into his transom while installing a ballast system!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Air Hack SawUpload

cust right threw Fiberglass Carpet and Wire's LOL
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
I've used a Rotozip to enlarge a hole in the dash for a larger Steering column. It cuts through the glass like knife through butter. Works quite well.. I'd wear a mask.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-06-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
it's a little easier to follow a line with a jigsaw than a RZ. i usually use a template or a rip fence if i'm concerned about the appearance or accuracy of the results with a RZ.