Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-14-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
Yesterday, it wouldn’t start. Checked dist cap, and it had moisture in it. Dryed it out and starts fine now, but now I’m heairng a loud air sucking sound coming from the throttle body. Does any one know why? shouldn’t that sound go away once you put the air filter on? its not as loud with the air filter on, but it never used to be this loud??? Is it bad to run this way?Did I lose a gasket or something?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-14-2013, 6:44 PM Reply   
IAC valve muffler is probably missing. Not a problem just annoying.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-14-2013, 6:46 PM Reply   
is that in the throttle body? and leads to the IAC?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-14-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
Yep, it's just a small little piece of fabric-like material that jams into the opening of the IAC (from the throttle body) that muffles the sound.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-14-2013, 7:31 PM Reply   
Thanks! I’m picking one up tomorrow!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-14-2013, 7:35 PM Reply   
Tony Joe and I had an IAC muffler problem with our previous boat, an 05 Sanger - same engine as yours. The IAC muffler is a little foam square shaped device located in the throttle body. Ours was clogged up with black paint from the factory when the boat was new. Our Sanger wouldn't idle and the engine would die at important times like when you were coming into the trailer or a dock. It was a pain! We took it to several mechanics and no one could figure it out.When one finally did and he put a new IAC muffler on and it idled perfect.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-15-2013, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu View Post
Tony Joe and I had an IAC muffler problem with our previous boat, an 05 Sanger - same engine as yours. The IAC muffler is a little foam square shaped device located in the throttle body. Ours was clogged up with black paint from the factory when the boat was new. Our Sanger wouldn't idle and the engine would die at important times like when you were coming into the trailer or a dock. It was a pain! We took it to several mechanics and no one could figure it out.When one finally did and he put a new IAC muffler on and it idled perfect.
Had the same problem with mine. It took a lot of googling to figure that one out.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
I'm gonna be sooo happy if this fixes my idling prob! ( I had that too!) Where do you think the darn thing went? ( foam square) I had the spark arrester off, when I was tryin to start it Sun, and it kinda back fired thru the throttle body. Do you think it could have blown it out then? or sucked it in?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-15-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
It shouldn't idle badly if it's simply missing. If one exists and is clogged, that will cause rough idle.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-16-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Back up and running! Seems to idle a lot better. Going out tomorrow for a test! Still sunny up here in the PNW this week, and the temp is perfect at 65 degrees!