Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-25-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
this is probably a dumb question but how does this board ride? does it ollie like a flat deck or like a concave one? thanks for any help
Old    imcmole            05-25-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
i have never ridden, but know it is a flat deck.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-26-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
Alright, did the back to back comparison today w/my Cassette 41 concave.. The Casette is a little more stable than the K39 and I felt like I had more control on it. The K39 feels like a skate board to me (I'm 6'3" and 190 lbs) so it was a litte small. I could easily do butter 180s and 3's on it, I almost landed a few shuvits on it too. The K39 seemed more oriented towards surface tricks and the Cassette felt more secure on w2w's.. I think the size had a bit to do w/it too.. I really didn't notice the difference between the foam and grip tape as I was wearing shoes.. I can only ollie a wakesktate about 5-6 inches, it felt the same to me on both boards, the concave was a little easier because it was longer.

BTW, I'm blowing these boards out on Ebay right now.. http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&user id=parkcityxj&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-26-2004, 7:18 PM Reply   
jay,
thanks for sharing how it rides, i actuatly asked the question because i am bidding on one of those. my name for ebay is rockjrnewb07. oh i will be out of town when the bidding ends and i will have no access to a computer so the payment will be delayed until june 1st
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       05-26-2004, 7:44 PM Reply   
No worries. Another thing to add. They hold up really well.. My buddy has rode his about 15 times w/no signs of usage.. My cassette w/maybe 30 days on it looks like it's 100 years old, the paint is peeling and the bottom has tons of cracks.

Oh yeah, I made a mistake listing them. All the skates I have are silver not blue. I thought I was getting a mixture of colors, but I didn't.

I see you're from Wilmington. My mom and a bunch of my bros live there. I'm going to try and make it back there this summer sometime. I may have to hit you up for a pull.

(Message edited by parkcityxj on May 26, 2004)
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-26-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
thats cool that you know some people from around here. silver is fine with me, i really want this skate but i wont be able to watch closely because im leaving tomorrow afternoon so i will most likely place another bid tomorrow. if i dont get this one do you have another i might be able to buy?