Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-31-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Anyone have recommendations for a good Orthopedic Dr in sac area. I just found out I tore my ACL in my good knee. It will match my right knee now.
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-31-2007, 9:13 PM Reply   
When Doug tore his, he went to Dr. Harding in Roseville. He was good, and the surgery & PT was successful because he's been riding again for 2 years with no problems. When you are ready for PT, Folsom Physical Therapy is a good clinic. Hope you heal quickly.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-31-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
Stephen Howell is my choice. He is at Methodist Hospital in South Sac area. Can't go wrong!
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-01-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
dr. howell for sure. he is a world recognized surgeon for acl recnstruction. he is also a designing surgeon for my company. check out www.drstevehowell.com for more info about him
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-01-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
I third Steve Howell. He is great guy, super mellow & confident. Will put you at ease. He has done my moms ankel, My wifes knee 2x, my buddies ACL. and anothers torn akelies tendon. His partner is Steve Barad and he is really good to. A third really good option is David Coward. Howell & Barad own a mastercraft and are skiers by the way. Who you see will likely depend on your insurance, which group and which hospital are covered by your group carrier.
Rick
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
Try the UC Davis medical group. Thats' who the Kings use.

cheers.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Dr Kevin Hansen in Roseville did mine in 2004. he did an amazing job. ACL replacement with hamstring miniscus and MCL repair. I did PT at Alpha in Rocklin. They had 2 PT that also wakeboarded. I HIGHLY recommend when you need to find surgeons and PT, to find ones that also wakeboard because they understand the needs of where you want to get back to. I went to another PT before the surgery and he didnt wakeboard. he didnt understand what i needed to get back to where i was. good luck
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-01-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the options. I will have to look into my insurance and see who I can go to. Just good to have some recommendations from others that understand the importance of getting back on the water.

I have had too many Doctors tell me maybe I should not wakeboard because it is not my career. I just laugh at them. Even when I had my right knee done in Illlinois the Dr was very conservative and scoped the knee when he should have done the ACL. Then 3 months later I blew out the ACL for good. I must say its been pretty strong after 7 years. Hopefully this one will be the same.

Thanks again.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Try James Van Den Bogaerde. Old friend of mine. He consults with Dr. Richard Steadman (US Ski Team doc) and was a fellow at Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail, CO in 2002. He has also travelled with the US ski team medical staff. Very dedicated, and a great guy, as well as a great doc. His focus is sports related. While he may not be a wakeboarder, he was a competitive ski racer, and knows what it means to need to return to a high level of function after an injury.

(Message edited by kitewake on September 02, 2007)
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-03-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Dr. Allen Hirahara was who did my knee. Lots of experience with athletes. He's at sutter on K street.
Old     (ceres1312)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Yes I second Dr Hirahara he did my shoulder surgery. He is on staff for the Sacramento Rivercats(Baseball- Semi Pro) as the teams physician.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-04-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
Hey Brian,

Dr. David Coward

http://www.carticel.com/patients/surgeonlocator/searchresults.asp?frm_zip=95747&frm_dis=40

UJ