Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       06-23-2011, 10:57 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a full range amp with around 800 watts at 2 ohm 14v (300w at 12.5v roughly) to power two rev 8's. I've seen the syn4 and JL hd750 but I'm looking for something a little more budget friendly! What are my options?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
A lot of people on here really like the Arc Audio Amps. I believe the Arc Audio KS 300.4 could be a good option for you. It is close in power ratings to the Syn 4. Syn 4 pushes 400x2 a 4 ohms mono and the Arc 300.4 pushes 350x2 at 4 ohms. If I am not mistaken (and if I am I know murphy smith will point it out lol) you have to run the rev 8s at 4 ohms not 2 ohms. I know we have a Syn 4 pushing our Rev 8s and it sounds incredible!

Link to Arc 300.4 http://tinyurl.com/654mkw8
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2011, 8:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruizza View Post
A lot of people on here really like the Arc Audio Amps. I believe the Arc Audio KS 300.4 could be a good option for you. It is close in power ratings to the Syn 4. Syn 4 pushes 400x2 a 4 ohms mono and the Arc 300.4 pushes 350x2 at 4 ohms. If I am not mistaken (and if I am I know murphy smith will point it out lol) you have to run the rev 8s at 4 ohms not 2 ohms. I know we have a Syn 4 pushing our Rev 8s and it sounds incredible!

Link to Arc 300.4 http://tinyurl.com/654mkw8
Ha!!

What's funny is that when I was typing the 2 ohm 4 ohm post - I was not 100% confident in my knowledge on the subject. Oh well, I rather be lucky than good.

LOL
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakesounds View Post
I'm looking for a full range amp with around 800 watts at 2 ohm 14v (300w at 12.5v roughly) to power two rev 8's. I've seen the syn4 and JL hd750 but I'm looking for something a little more budget friendly! What are my options?
If you can swing the Wet Sounds Syn 4 that would be the way to go. I wish I had gone with the Wet sounds over the Arc. The Arc is great but the WS has a bit more power and would also compliment the WS towers I have. The Arc KS 300.4 would work well too

Every now and then WS has some demo'd or refur'b product that you can get at a discount - would not hurt to give them a call.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       06-24-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
As long as they can get the correct power, the ohm loads only really affect the amplifier. So a 4 channel bridged to 400w x 2 at 4ohm or a 2 channel bridged to 800 x 1 at 2ohm will essentially work the same in my situation. The end result just has to match the load at max power.

What car audio amps are capable of full range near 800w? The location is dry and clean so a marine amp is not a must.