Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
I have been using a WS420 as a head unit for a couple of years now, but I am constantly battling the volume difference from device to device when using the aux in on the ws420. for example if we tune the system to my iPhone and then plug in a friends there is a substantial volume difference some times higher, some times lower. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this, I'm tired of having volume low with one device then way to hot with the next.

Also all devices have had the EQs turned off and sounds check off as well.
Old     (Jdubb)      Join Date: Nov 2013       06-17-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
Is each device set at the same output volume, ie. is you iPhone set to the highest volume and you friends is set mid level? I could understand completely different sources, say an iPhone and a source made by a different company.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Yeah everything is set the same, I'm finding it hard to believe how much difference there is from device to device...
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-17-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quality of MP3's?
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-17-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
The MP3 quality is a huge difference. I get big swings from the same device.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       06-17-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
If you have the internal gain controls then you can use the main in and set the main & aux to the most common offsetting sources. Or, set the aux input a bit sensitive and use an external semi-concealed Pac LC-1 control for a convenient level matching control on the fly. Or, use the JL Audio 3-in/1-out source selector with independent level controls to give a quick a/b/c input gain selection.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-17-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
The quality of the download as mentioned is huge and where the file came from. If it's all purchased from iTunes volume is going to be pretty spot on if its the same song. Also how it's mastered is a big difference. Skillex for example is going to play much louder than anything mastered 2-3 years ago. I run the eq on the phone on flat... What's everyone else doing?

Last edited by bass10after; 06-17-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
Yeah running all EQs on flat and all music from iTunes.

Thanks for the info David... I'll look into those options.

I was hoping some one would say they use some type of digital to analog conversion (Bluetooth, Airplay, or a external DAC) that uses the digital output of the iphones instead of the internal amplifier of the iphone. not sure that would help but I was hoping so.