Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-09-2001, 10:48 PM Reply   
im a beginner and can only clear the wake on my heelside. and im scared ****less of my toe side
help me pleeeze
Old                06-13-2001, 12:18 PM Reply   
Hey Wade. We all start with a little fear. I think you just need to ride more. Maybe buy an instructional video. I recommend Detention.
Hopefully you are not being pulled to fast.
Old                06-13-2001, 2:01 PM Reply   
i use one hand because if i use two it makes the board and me want to rotate , and that leads to a faceplant.
Old    a little sloppy but better than a fall            06-14-2001, 2:36 PM Reply   
Christopher, letting go with the back hand is ok (a little sloppy but better than a fall). On toeside, try to keep the handle close to your hip. Try landing with your chest up, handle down and close to hip, try to land with the toeside edge in a little but not too much or big faceplant. Try to hold the handle so a line drawn off the rope projects through your center of gravity (belly button high). If you do that then you will reduce any rotational effects. If you don't you will amplify any rotational effects. Hope this helps. Let me know.
Old                06-15-2001, 3:56 AM Reply   
ok i will gove it a try
Old    topher bushek (chrispy1) on          06-27-2001, 11:45 AM Reply   
i tried it , ad it worked pretty well. i also seemed to bend at the hips a little to give me more speed. I just have to work on holding a ts progressive edege :)