Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (midlifecrisis)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-24-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
For you guys that take their boats a few times during the winter months (west coast), what kind of stabilizer are you using and how often are you using it (every fill-up or every other)? Thanks for the time.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-24-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
HEAT, or STABIL. Put the ammount appropriate for the ammount of fuel in the boat, run it for a few and you'll be good till spring. I've never had an issue with gas in the spring by doing this. I do keep my boat in my garage though, which might make a difference.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-25-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
I use my boat once or twice each month during the winter months and I use Sta-Bil. I have a 40 gal tank and use the smaller 20 gal treatment bottle.

Actually, I use this ratio all year round except from June-August when I'm burning a tank of gas each week. Gas will start to deteriorate after 2-3 weeks, so I use the Sta-Bil almost year round to keep it fresh during those months when I'm not using my boat each week.