Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-16-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
While I am making the decision on what and when to buy my wake boat, my father in-law has suggested storing his 2005 Hurricane Tri-hull Deckboat at my place for a while. He swears I can ride behind it which I know I can but how much fun will it be. Has anyone ridden behind something similar? How do you think I should weight it? I've ridden in the boat before but I can't remember how much of a wake there was, we were mostly just cruising around Crystal Rivier however.

I wish I could give you the exact stats on the motor and lenght but I beieve it's like a 50-60 horse 4-stroke honda and around 19-21 feet long.
Old     (gdavid)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-17-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
I would be really surprised if the boat only has a 50 or 60 horse motor on it. If it were a pontoon boat yes but a deckboat of that size probably has 150 hp or so unless it doesn't plane at all. As long as it can pull you up you are going to have fun. Riding the perfect wake is awesome but I have never talked to anyone who regretted spending the day riding because the wake wasn't perfect. Weight it people and keep bringing out more people till it won't pull you up anymore or you exceed the capacity rating. People are easy to move around the boat and at the end of the day you will know where weight should be on the boat if you go out with a light crew.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-17-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
We sell Huricane deck boats (in Orlando) at our dealership and start with 90hp 4 stroke Yamaha on our 186 models and go up to 250hp on our 24ft huricanes, I was in them all weekend at the boat show
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-17-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, your probably right, probably has a 90 horse on er, could be a Yamaha...

gdavid, you've got the right idea, I don't know what I was thinking. Anytime on the water is better than any time on land! Riding is riding, it's not like I'm trying mobes out there.

surfresh, ever get to ride behind one of the hurricanes you sell? What dealership, may need a place for maintenance if this all happens.