Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       12-24-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
Some of you may not have heard of Adam Wensink yet, but you will. He just went from a sales rep (riding hard and competing all the while) to Team Member. Congrats Adam!
Adam rides out of Grand Rapids, Ohio, near Toledo on the Maumee River. I have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times on the river at at boat shows. Not only does this guy kill it, but he is an awesome all around guy. On and off the water.
Check out this blog from Nautique and keep an eye out for him. We will be seeing a lot more out of Adam in 09.
http://blog.teamnautique.com/?p=129
Old     (ps3137)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-24-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
Congrats adam is a sick rider and def deserves it. I got a chance to ride with him last summer and he definately kills it off the wake
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       12-24-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
Eric - I noticed you have posted Lake James in Indiana in your profile, my buddy has a cottage there. I have brought my boat up a couple of times hoping to ride, but it is always so chop! Too many boats and not enough lake...... the sand bar on the other hand is a blast. the 4th of July party scene there is awesome. You live on Lake James?
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-24-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
Erik and Nate,

I live in Northern Indiana around Ft. Wayne and am always looking for some new guys to ride with. If you're ever in the area, let me know. There are a couple reservoirs in my area that are usually pretty good, even on the weekends as long as you are off the water by noon or so.
Old     (ps3137)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-24-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
yea the sandbars are fun im actually on jimmerson but its on the lake james chain. you just have to get out there early and beat the crowd. but i usually dont ride on james just jimmerson seems to be calmer.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-24-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
Adam is the man. """Adam is a phenomenal person both on and off the water""" this is an understatement.

--JKW-- I live in kendallville area well have to hoook up and shred sometime. Jeigh Krupp, adam, and few others ride togather alot so let me know when you wanting to ride.. Snowboard at all??
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       12-24-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Adam RIPS, huge amount of talent on the old wakeboard. Great to see him riding and getting press!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-24-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Congrats Adam.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-24-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
Zach,

Yeah, Jeigh actually sent me his number earlier this year to ride, but we never made it happen. I think one of the guys I usually ride with may be moving to FL, so I definitely want to ride with some different people this coming year.

We usually start in April or May (as soon as it's warm enough with wetsuits), so let me know when you guys get out there. Yes, I do snowboard, but don't find a whole lot of time to go. Usually just hit up Bittersweet in MI for a day or something like that.
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-24-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
JKW,
well i will be sure to let you know when we have the ICE BREAKER this year. It will be MAY 9. ADAM will be one of our featured riders!!!! thanks to him, Nauti will be providing all the boats!!!!
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-24-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Yeah thats awesome to hear about Adam. I know he's been bustin his A$$ for the last oh 9 years to get to this point. Wish i wouldnt sell myself short all the time so I wouldnt be a has-been. Oh well, snowboard trip to Michigan end of JAnuary Lear? Get Klein, Krupp and Adam and I'll get together a few of my boys from down here and we'll go shred the slopes for a weekend!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-24-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Congrats!! To get a boat from any boat company in this economic climate is a huge deal. Must be well deserved.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-26-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
HELL ADAM.... CONGRATS!!!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-26-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
Super sick, love that guys video that was posted not that long ago. He rides with power and goes big, awesome!! Good to see guys that aren't on the top of pro ranks still getting credit for great riding.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-26-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J091NQjgx-E&eurl=http://blog.teamnautique.com/?p=129
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       12-26-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
Has been Mike? Shoot, you borrow my board then stomp a heel 7 and toe 9 within two weeks with it, I dont think your quite a has been yet! (Or maybe it was the GB.)

Anyways, that is great news about Adam! This is getting me stoked for spring to get here to see him throw down. Guess i willl have to live with the tweeked backside 5's on the slopes.

Snowbaord trip, you know I'm down... well as soon as I get this cast off my arm.
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-27-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
You dip i missed your call last night. hit you up later today! And i am a has-been. I can still rip though! hahahaha. Holla