Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-04-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
The raley is not very hard at all. Today was my first day attempting it and i landed it on my 3rd or 4th attempt. After that though i couldnt quite stomp it. I do have one video clip that i will hopefully get up soon to see if anybody can help with anything!!

Soo stoked
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-04-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
i had em last summer for a while but just dont really feel them any more. maybe i need some balls, some tricks just arent worth the risk to me anymore
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-04-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Kameron...any tips to your success that you could share? Congrats on bagging the 'lady pleaser'...yesterday at a comp people were throwin' down...all kinds of mobes and 5s and 7s to please the judges...but it wasn't until a raley was hucked that all the ladies expressed their appreciation. :-)
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-05-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
What i first started off with...to get the feeling of snapping and pulling myself back down was with a wakeskate. Cut in hard and popped off and threw my feet back and then pulled them back in tryin to land on them. This helped a lot with my confidence. Then i strapped on the wakeboard and did a few wake jumps and then threw a straight air way out in the flats to get the cut right. After that i just went for it. Cut super hard and edge right through the wake. Almost feels like your edging away from the boat when you pop. Let your feet fly behind you and LOOK AT THE TOWER!!! Very important. If you dont you go spinning to a hard hard landing. Once you are in the air you will feel a tug and that is when you will naturally pull the handle to your knees to bring the board back down. It is not all that difficult, its just a mind game. Good Luck
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-05-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
watch that toe edge coming back down. Very important!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-05-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
I agree with Kevin. I landed my first one I every tried, so they really aren't that hard. But since then I had knee surgery due to a botched raley attempt and decided they just aren't worth it. That was 5 years ago and I haven't tried one since!