Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-12-2007, 5:37 PM Reply   
I purchased a Bare DrySuit last year. I used it for the 2006 season only so far and at the end of the season, last October, I noticed a small tear in the neck seal. So I thought the off season would be a great time to get it repaired. I contacted Bare directly and they said that the seals are NOT covered under warranty. Any tears or rips are considered normal wear and tear. (Notice the irony there?) Is this true? Doesn't sound right to me. Any know if this is true or if anyone has any experience with DrySuit warranty claims.

Thanks for your Help!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-13-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Wow, no one has any info on warranty info on a drysuit?
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-13-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
Kraig, it's a bummer, but that is typical of all companies. They can't protect against the typical moron that doesn't know how to care for the seals so they have to exclude legitimate issues as well, such as yours.

That's why I'm so stingy with my suits. I have one that I use, and one "for the boat". Call Bare, they are really good about fixing things, shouldn't cost more than $50 total. If not, I have an extra Oniel Boost you can use.