Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-02-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
Im about to upgrade my ballast system in my boat. I have an 05 Vride with the stock 250# tanks in the back and a 500# in the center. My plan is to take the 250s out and replace them with 750s, then piggy back an integrated bow sac off the center tank. However, I was told from a very reliable person that works on a lot of ballast systems (I dont want to use their name) that there have been a lot of problems with the piggy back system. Is this true? Has anyone had an issue with filling or emptying their system? Any info (good or bad) would be awesome!
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-02-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
Jump over to the Malibu crew forum, and read the section I copied below. You will find everything you need there.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...t-info-how-to/
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-03-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
You don't want the piggyback kit for your application. You will want to use the tank buster system which is designed as a tank replacement. The tank buster rocks and is very easy to install.

The piggyback kit has been changed three times to make it work the best it can without adding more pumps to the system.