Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Me and my boys got to ride with Matt Simms this past Friday. He rode for us first, then he spent several hours with us, helping us progress in this wonderful sport.

First let me say what a fine individual he is. His head is on straight, he knows where he is headed and has a plan for getting there.

Second, he can still slay it. Got to see him do a wake to wake heel 9(not off of a double up) and several other tricks that I can't even name.

It was an awesome day!
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Matt is the man... check out his section in our local shred flick "Who" by Ian Zinner. Matts section is first:

Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
Yes he is.

Hey Luker, I think we have a mutual friend Bragan Ingle. I grew up skiing/jumping with his dad. Bragan has been out to ride with us once this year. The past couple of weeks one thing or another has gotten in the way.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2010, 1:31 PM Reply   
Gotcha... yeah I don't know Bragan that well actually, but I do know who he is. Where do you ride man? Always down to get on the water with a fellow accountant from Alabama LOL You should come shred with us or vice versa!!
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
we're on the Warrior, not too many of us in our area but we do what we can.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Crap, just looked at your profile, didn't realize you were a number cruncher as well. LOL
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
There are a few shredders up in that area... we did a rail jam over there not long ago at the Alabama Mountain Games... surprised you didn't make it out! U go to Spring2Summer in GVille this year?
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
No, it was the same weekend as INT and my twins competed in that.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-21-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
Matt has a great section in the video Downside Up. I have been wondering what he has been up to, I have not seen much form him in a while.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-22-2010, 4:23 AM Reply   
Agreed. I wish he would have taken wakeboarding a little more seriously. He was killing it when a few of these guys were in diapers
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-22-2010, 5:33 AM Reply   
Matt is going back to college this fall for a double major and then on to medical school. Oh, and he's getting married this fall as well.

He's been a little busy these past few years with school but sounds like he is going to try to ride as much as he can this summer.