Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-23-2013, 9:50 PM Reply   
Hey guys- What are people doing for music? Pandora? Ipod? CD's? Cassettes? 8 Track? Some new, cool, hip thing, that I am too old to know about? What are some names of pandora like sites? I would not mind paying for a service if is worth it. Searched a little, but seems new stuff is popping up all the time, and like I said, I am about ten years behind the curve....
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-23-2013, 10:18 PM Reply   
working on the spotify thing now....
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-23-2013, 10:23 PM Reply   
Nothing but reggae man.
Old     (natedogg)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-23-2013, 10:53 PM Reply   
I use pandora app on the phone and use my ipod jack or auxiliary cord to plug to the cd player, but lately I am using the ihear radio app because it plays louder and theres no commercials, these are both free apps, and you can make custom stations with any artist in the world, nothing like getting some girls to shake to some rap, but reggae is my fav. Type in Rebelution when you create a station they are a great newer reggae band that is pretty family friendly.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-23-2013, 11:18 PM Reply   
Now now rebleution been out for like 7 years but they are the best. Should be house hold names in my opinion
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-23-2013, 11:31 PM Reply   
Thanks guys... Spotify is keepin me busy right now but will look at ihear... Thanks!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-23-2013, 11:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
Now now rebleution been out for like 7 years but they are the best. Should be house hold names in my opinion
Darn straight!
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-24-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
Download the Soundcloud app... Wide variety of songs and many bands/artists have their own page. Best part- completely free and no commercials...
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-24-2013, 7:13 AM Reply   
I still don't have an ipod input. We rock CDs like it's 2003!

When we finally do upgrade the head unit, we'll probably use Pandora. I would love to use the mobile version of spotify, but I'm too cheap to pay for it monthly. Pandora stations include: The Black Keys, Whiskey Myers, Blackberry Smoke, Fun. (for my wife), Ryan Bingham, and more.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-24-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
Pandora plays too quietly. We use actual playlists while riding and pandora when chilling cuz you don't need it blaring.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-24-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
Eff a bunch a head unit... Pandora One off the phone straight to the amp!
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2013, 9:05 AM Reply   
We Karaoke
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
+1 for the rebelution pandora station.... oh and karaoke haha
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-24-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
Pandora, music on my iPhone and Sirius.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
Spotify......... It makes Pandora seem antiquated.
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-24-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
Yeah J-rod- spotify is pretty cool. Checked it out last night and with a little more time hopefully have some playlist for the weekend... Does syncing the songs to a playlist (for when i dont have a signal) in extreme mode really make a difference in sound quality? Thats what i am doing but it is pretty slow... Thanks guys!
Old     (natedogg)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-24-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac420sj View Post
well 7 years is relatively new reggae compared to Marley, Steel Pulse, and so on. Ive seen Rebelution 4 times live and they are the ****.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-24-2013, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Spotify......... It makes Pandora seem antiquated.
Yeah, at $10/month to use a mobile device...PASS.

Jailbreak + Pandora + Pandora Skip Hack = good Pandora. Unlimited skips and no ads. Spotify is awsome but not for $10/month.

Songza is pretty good and free.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-24-2013, 4:32 PM Reply   
I load up the 5 year old ipod with free music from frostwire. No cost, no commercials, and nothing but the music I love. After as many years as I've been into music, I've got a ton of favorite songs. Enough to fill up an ipod. It's like having my new / old favorite song play every time the last song (also my favorite) ends. Sometimes new tech is just a solution for a problem that didn't exist. That or a way to get you to pay for something that you already paid for, or can get for free.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-24-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
All you freeloaders are the majority of today's economic downfalls. Sure your not on welfare, your not drawing unemployment, your a "good upstanding citizen". Every one of you expects the best for cheap or free. Then you complain about your jail broken phone running like crap and your speakers blowing because you downloaded crappy quality free songs that distort and destroy speakers
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       05-24-2013, 9:56 PM Reply   
Pandora: Citizen Cope station
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-25-2013, 4:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post
All you freeloaders are the majority of today's economic downfalls. Sure your not on welfare, your not drawing unemployment, your a "good upstanding citizen". Every one of you expects the best for cheap or free. Then you complain about your jail broken phone running like crap and your speakers blowing because you downloaded crappy quality free songs that distort and destroy speakers
- I haven't blown any speakers
- I find plenty of good quality free content
- My jailbroken iPhones (4 in my home, two with active cellular service) all run fine. They ran fine on iOS4, iOS5 and iOS6. Also have a jailbroken iPad that is magically running fine as well.
- Yes, a website full of people that are spending big money on luxury items are the downfall of the economy. It couldn't possibly be the very large number of leaches that suck from the system and don't pay taxes. It has to be us doing most of the damage.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-26-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
- I haven't blown any speakers
- I find plenty of good quality free content
- My jailbroken iPhones (4 in my home, two with active cellular service) all run fine. They ran fine on iOS4, iOS5 and iOS6. Also have a jailbroken iPad that is magically running fine as well.
- Yes, a website full of people that are spending big money on luxury items are the downfall of the economy. It couldn't possibly be the very large number of leaches that suck from the system and don't pay taxes. It has to be us doing most of the damage.
true stuff
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-26-2013, 12:41 PM Reply   
The iheart is indeed a bit louder than pandora.
Old     (CobraRob)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-26-2013, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidarider View Post

But to answer the question. MOG for the most part.. Same as spotify with a little better quality downloads.