Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-18-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Anyone else have this problem. I have a 05 Mobius Lsv. Using fly high 750 rear bags. I used lock tite on the fittings that go into the bags, used SS hose clamps for the fill and drain line that connect to the quick disconnect fittings. I made sure that the fittings that screw into the bags had both rubber o rings on them. Its almost like the quick disconnects leak, or the bag leaks where the threaded hole is. Anyone else have this problem. Unless i am just sitting the boat so much when we surf i taking in water over the sides :-)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-18-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
IT's the quick connect fittings. Almost every supra/momba I've been on/owned does this. the fix. Replace the qucik connect fittigns with permanent fittings. or glue them on. My 07 does the same thing....I just open up the comparntment and let it dry the best I can.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-18-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Wonder if i wrapped teflon tape around the rubber o ring on the bag fitting that the quick disconnect fits into, if that would help any. I really dont want to glue them. My carpet gets so wet though
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-18-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Try a bit of silicone grease on the o-rings, it will help them seal better and not bind as you crank down on em. You can get in the plumbing section of most hardware stores.

It may help.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
My malibu tanks where cracked. Take them out fill with water and see if they leak.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-18-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
There will always be some water in the rear compartments. With people getting in and out of the boat dripping water over your sun deck, some of that water ultimately finds its way in there. It hits the sac, runs down the side, and hits the carpet where it gets soaked up like a sponge.

The through hull fitting for the ballast drain hose also leaks a little on mine. I use a wet/dry vac at the end of the day to suck as much water out as I can. It seems to help.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-18-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
As far as I know the quick connect fittigns only have o-rings on the side that screws into the bag. The sides that plug into each other are the leaky side.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
I'm no expert, but it looks like it has an o-ring to me.
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/FL_JZyA9

I will second the silicone grease for any of FHs connectors. Made a huge difference on mine (I'm manually filling).
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-18-2008, 7:04 PM Reply   
On my 05 Supra the quick connect has two o-rings on it. One on the side of the fitting that threads into the bag and one on the other side that the quick connect slides on to. I have not had this problem with mine so far.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-19-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
I guess it's been so long since I actually looked at it. Thanks for the link...I may try the grease myself.
Old     (loonytik)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-19-2008, 7:31 AM Reply   
My bags leak around the fittings as well. With those type fittings its just their nature to leak when you are rocking the boat around picking up downed boarders and such. The water is very forceful on the fittings.
Old     (prostar19)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
This may be a stupid question but have you watched the bags fill to see if you can see any leaks? If you cant you may want to spray water agaist the underside of the rub rail. There could be a leak there.
Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-20-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Sounds like incontinence... Depends will fix it.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-20-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
Mine probably leak somewhat too (I rigged the fittings), but the main contributor is wet gear. I'll have a pool of water on my bags and the end of an outing due to wet gear.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-20-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
I 3rd the grease, I run the 750s and have never had a problem. Each time I disconnect the quick connects I always rub grease on the o-ring before putting them back together.
Old     (dailyssv)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-21-2008, 6:02 AM Reply   
try parker o-ring lube some certain grease will kill your o-ring and not safe on plastic.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-22-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
other thing to check is that your cooler is not leaking at all.... mine leaks... plan on fixing this week and all the water runs under the bags and it is soaked.....
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-22-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the replys. I didnt go out this weekend so i didnt get a chance to try the grease. Yes i have watched them fill, and there are no leaks. The 750 fills my rear compartments to the max so i cant even get my hand to the fittings when the bag is full. It seems like everyones carpet is soaked by the end of the day, maybe i just wont worry about it. Ill try the grease to see if that helps though