Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       03-13-2008, 12:00 AM Reply   
my buddy is going to go check out a centurion escalade this weekend what are some things that he should look out for, and questions he should ask? is this a good price? what do you guys think? should he go with it or keep looking?

thanks in advance!!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/600633189.html
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-13-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
Looks good, price is right. Check around the tower base for hairline cracks since it's not a standard item on an escalade and looks aftermarket. Check the prop and drive shaft. Check all guages and electrical. Salt corrosion is a biggie to look for! Can't tell, and probably doesn't have perfect pass, so add that in to the price but it's easy to install on that boat.

Get a mechanic to run a compression test. Your best bet is a water test. If all checks out, you might be able to get 2 more grand off. -Good luck
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-13-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
As far as what to look for Do a search for Centurion Avalanche....The Escalade shares the same hull and setup as the Avalanche just without all the wake stuff standard. GREAT BOAT......That price is one heck of a deal on that boat. Nada is about 5-6 k higher depending on the options/condition. The tower looks like the OEM Proflight that was standard on the wake models so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Check the hull(underneath) as you never know what you may find especially by the pro and rudder. Also the vinyl was prone to tear at the pping in the seats so just gove a good check, but due to the fact it is a walkthrough you should be solid and usually the rear bench on the C4 model is where it starts to stress tear from the traffic.

Other than that I did notice it had a maula wakeplate on there. The hydraulic one would be would be much better as it adds to th eperformance but you can add that later. Just wil take a little more time getting thep late exactly where you want it with the manual version. If the boat is as clean as it looks in the pic I would jump on it for sure. You won't be disappointed. IT rides like a dream and when weightedproperly kicks out pro level, steep, poppy wakes.
Old    Ben Kerran            03-13-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
Look for the usual stuff (above). There is no doubt that is a screaming deal if it is in good shape
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-13-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
Check out crankytape.com, click on watercraft, they are bank repo and some of them look really clean. There is a '05 Elite C4 on there right now for around 15K. They will go up but you could get one heck of a deal. You can see some of the items that have already ended. If I was in the market for a boat I would look at that Centurion. Although that one is in Arizona.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Nick I tried to go to that site, nothing comes up...?
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-13-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
nevermind, figured it out..www.crankyape.com
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
nice boat! at 30k you may have better opportunities in a month or 2. when people start coming out of the wood work to sell there boats.

that tower is oem i thought. seems like pro flight has been building those towers for centurions for years.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
also, check your bank on getting a loan on a repo? does it have a clean title?

ive also noticed that the boats ive looked at that where getting repoed the guys that had them repoed them tended to abuse them twards the end of their ownership because they know they are losing there baby.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-13-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
There is always a chance of regreting your repo purchase. I think you can go look at these boats in person first. If I could do that on a boat that was a good deal and it was close I would buy a repo.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-13-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Sorry for the link, there is an extra T in it.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-13-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Don't forget the new owners site as well...
www.centurioncrew.com

Lots of good guys on there who would be willing to help!
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-13-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
Be careful of the crankyape, they may try to winterize the boats but we had one roll through that was only 75% done which equals you need to buy a new engine. Not saying they are all like this but I'd say your gambling if you don't go check it out in person.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-13-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Looks like a heck of a price.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-13-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
Make sure the bank physically has the title. I know a guy who is currently having title problems with a repo