Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    wakeboarder408            02-05-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
I just got the new LF Team bindings in a Med cuz thats the same size as my last LF Transits but i cant slide my feet in them. A couple days ago, i soaked them in really warm water for half an hour and squirted some lube and i was able to put them on. But today i tried them on again with alot of lube and i can only get my feet half way in. Does anyone know if this is normal when they are new and takes awhile to break in? And also, if it is normal and needs to be broken in then how can i break them in when i cant even get my feet in to ride them? Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
if you really loosen both the front and rear laces, you should be able to get in them with ease. i tried on my exact size at the boat show w/ absolutely no lube (w/ socks on ) and had no problems what-so-ever.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-05-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
here's a pic.
Old    wakeboarder408            02-05-2005, 10:13 PM Reply   
How the hell did you get them on with socks??LOL. Yeah, i did loosen the front and the back laces all the way and still have no luck. Maybe my ankles are retarded or maybe these bindings are a defect? Right now, im trying to stretch them out by putting some beer pint glasses in each one with the fatter part of the glass in first inside the bindings. LOL!!!
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-06-2005, 11:25 AM Reply   
Isn't it easier to get the new LF bindings on without water or lube? Seems to me that the neoprene would just get sticky if it's wet - like trying to put on a wetsuit wet vs. dry.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-06-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
Mark - your boots just have to stretch out a little bit. When you put them on with some warm water, walk around the house, sit there for a half hour or so and let them form to your feet and stretch out. You can put them on with socks easily. The socks slide right in against the lycra. You could also try putting them on with socks to stretch them out.

I have a pair of '04 Ultras, and when I first got them, they were a pain to put on if the water was a little cold. They've since loosened up. With the material on the inside of the LF bindings I don't know what is the best way to put them on. I'll tell you what's worked best for me.

Dry and no Lube - possible but very hard.
Dry and Lube only - easier than dry, but still difficult
wet with lube - best way.

In the winter time, it helps if you take the hot shower from the boat and warm your bindings up. This works on any binding. It keeps your feet warm and it makes it easier to put on. Once you do it you'll think, "this doesn't keep my feet that much warmer" until you take your boots off while you're still in the water and they you'll realize.

Maestro - The material IS neoprene, but it has lycra sewn on over the neoprene. From my experience, once the lycra gets wet, it slides easily, and the lube doesn't soak in. If you put the lube on the dry bindings, it soaks in.

The way I used to put on my '03 ultras (no lycra or neoprene) was dry, with some lube. That worked the best.
Old    wakeboarder408            02-06-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice guys. Im gonna let the pint glasses sit in there for a few more days to stretch out the bindings then im gonna soaked them in warm water again then wear them on for half hour or so like you said Thane. Hopefully, thats the end of my problem.
Old    wakemark            02-07-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
yes....I just got Teams in a medium and they are so tight. I have always used mediums and my foot is only a 9 1/2. I thought about trying to stretch them but I don't know if it would be enough. All I have heard is how easy they are to get on and off so I must have gotten the wrong size
Old    wakeboarder408            02-07-2005, 7:24 PM Reply   
M johnson, your foot is a 9 1/2? Mine is only an 8 and i still cant get them in. LOL. Im totally like you on this one. My last pair was the LF Transits in a MED also and i can get those on and off with ease even when the water temp is in the 50's. But with these teams, its almost impossible. The bottom of my feet by the heels wont go in with ease.Well, after 2 days with the beer glasses in them, they seemed to be a little looser but not like how everyone is saying they should be or like my old Transits. Im pissed!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2005, 7:44 PM Reply   
how did you ever get 9 1/2 size feet in medium lf bindings? they've always run small.
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       02-07-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
Just got my teams the other day, best binding I have ridden. Great support and comfort. I got large and I wear a size 10 1/2 shoe, fits great.
Old    wakeboarder408            02-13-2005, 12:31 AM Reply   
Ok, so after a week of trying to stretch my bindings out with wine bottles it didnt really help. So i decided to cut the rubber pieces off on the back of the bindings slightly above your ankles and man did it make a difference. It is so much easier to get them on and to take them off now. Just a tip for those who have a hard time getting them on their feet like i used to have. Not sure if my idea is a smart one but atleast it works for now.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
Yea not smart but if you like the bindings that much then its all you could do..you wont get them to warranty them now that you cut them ,at least i wouldnt think so..??
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-14-2005, 12:05 AM Reply   
M Johnson, I too have a 9 1/2 foot and when I tried Mediums on on at the LA boat show it was not gonna happen. I got the Large Narrows on Fine and they were super comfy though. Now I'm just trying to decide between the ultras and the teams...hell, maybe I'll ge them both.
Old    wakemark            02-14-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
Mark V: I am maxing out the footbeds, lengthwise, but they are okay. I have gotten my foot in once and overall, they felt too tight but do-able if there was an adjustment. Do you think I should try your rubber cutting?
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-14-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
m johnson...dont' cut the rubber, you'll be better off selling them and getting larges. Cutting the rubber will void your warranty on the overlays, and they will not fit like they are supposed to.
Old    wakeboarder408            02-14-2005, 5:47 PM Reply   
M Johnson, if you're maxing out the footbeds, i would go with the next bigger size before you think about cutting the rubber pieces on the back. I wear a MED and my toes come out about an inch on the footbed so i'd rather cut them than sell them and take a big lost. I know it would void the warranty but after looking at how it was gonna be after i cut them, i decided it that it was going to work. Look at the Byerly bindings with the BOA design. Mine are now the exact same thing but with laces and not with the metal wires. They fit fine and tight around my ankles as long as the laces are tighten.
Old    wakeboarder408            02-14-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
Here's some pics i just took to give you guys an idea of what it looks like. The pic with the foot in it is with a sock on, something that was impossible to do before cutting them.

Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-15-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
I wouldn't buy a set of bindings that obviously fit my feet so poorly. teams are probably great bindings (they better be for the price)but every foot is different.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-15-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
I have a question...may be a dumb one, but it's a question.

From the beard of Zeus, why the **** would you buy a set of boots that you have to shred to get in? Not only that, but good luck on the warranty.
Old    wakeboarder408            02-15-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
I got them new on Ebay without trying them on at my local shop thinking they would fit since they're the same size as my LF Transit. So since i like how they feel(after soaking it in warm water) and look before i cut the rubber piece, i decided to cut it then get something else and take a big lost. Also, im not too worry about the warranty cuz this is my third pair of bindings and not once did i ever have a problem.
Old    wakemark            02-16-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Anybody want to buy my MEDIUM teams on ebay? Search Liquid Force Team. These are unmolested, brand new, and still in the box. I could not even get my foot in them so they are NEW! Check out the low opening price.
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-21-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
Speaking of warranties; what kind of warranty do the new LF's have?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-21-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
I’ve had a hard time finding bindings that fit. I own a FL Trip 143, the stock XXL binding should fit my 12D feet but no-way. I’ve tried a number of other XXL bindings, with lube and couldn’t begin to get my feet through the throat of the boot. I did find a pair of Double-up binding that fit nicely and sung up nice and tight. I joke that binding sizes are actually children’s sizes LOL.

I have high arches, maybe that’s my problem. I won’t buy another set of mail order bindings; I’ve got to get them on my feet before I leave the store.