Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-06-2004, 6:18 AM Reply   
i'm taking our uni club down to a cable lake once a week at the mo, so am spending a bit more time away from the boat and taking it to the cable.

I've been hitting the kicker, but have been wondering how to do some trix on the water and of the kicker.

does anyone know any sites which have cable trick tips???
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
i'm a cable genius. ask me what you want to learn and i will explain in full detail.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-06-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2001/Cable2.asp
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-06-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
scarecrow off the kicker???
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
same as off of the wake....first you should get toeside 180s dialed off of the kicker. then try a scarecrow. come into the kicker smae as a 180, hit it. and when your at the top of the lip throw your head down and move the handle to your opposite hip. doing moves off a kicker are the same as off the wake basically.

dave....i think icould wirte a better explanation of how to do air tricks for the site tahn the link you posted. if your interested just let me know.
Old    xxplosive            05-06-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
Im a regular footed rider at tsr... I read that artical and it gave mainly pointers for the goofy footed rider, is there anything you can tell a left foot foward guy about getting air (which corners, when to edge, etc..) thanks

(Message edited by xxplosive on May 06, 2004)
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-06-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
Ryan,
Just do the opposite as goofy footed.
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
ryan...just ask any operator and they can help you out but here's some pointers..... come around the operator tower, cut out a little bit to the right and when your about ten feet past the bouy's start your cut to the island. when your about 5-10 ft past the cable(on the inside) throw the trick. to throw the trick you MUST stay on edge. while edging throw the board out and away (so to your left and behind you) in onw quick fluid movement. one way to think of this is like riding up an imaginary quarter pipe thats right in front of you. a couple of other things to remember....release at the hards=est point of your cut, NEVER throw your shoulder or the handle forward during the trick. your upper body should stay in the same position while your lower body moves out and away. and third...don't be afraid to fall, it's a really wierd feeling at first but after you get the hang of it it's extremly easy.

(Message edited by derrick_lenz on May 06, 2004)
Old    devastate            05-06-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
derrick, i ride cable all the time, was wondering if you could help me with a few things too. i've read the article on wakeworld "getting big air at the cable park" but it didnt work for me. i long to do that flying thing round the corners, could you please give me a detailed explanation on how? also, whats the first flip trick i hould learn off the kicker?

Cheers

John
Old    xxplosive            05-06-2004, 8:30 PM Reply   
appreciate the tips guys. now that college is out im going back to austin for the summer i shoudl be out at tsr much more.
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-06-2004, 9:54 PM Reply   
john....as far as your first "air" trick you should do something that your comfortable with. if you can do a back roll or a ralley behind a boat you can learn it easily on the cable. if you look above i've explaned how to do a ralley for a left footed rider...well try that but if your right footed you also do the same. only difference is you want to go throughthe bouys and after your about 5 ft past them start a progressive cut to the outside. when your on your hardest edge do what i've stated in the above post. the key is to throw the trick with out coming off of edge.....thik of it this way. the line tension is the rope is what is sending you up into the air. while your on edge imagine an imaginary line that starts behind you, travels to the tail of your board, through your feet/bindings,. to the tip of the board and then in front of you except it curves behind you about 35 degrees(i hope that made sense). you want your board to go that path. also make sure on your cut that you keep your shoulders back adn your not hunched over. this is about the best i can explain it right now with out being able to just show you. make sure you ask you cable operator about it. i know every operator at tsr is good at teaching this and we'll let you know if your ready or not to try it.

as far as first invert of a kicker....heelside i'd try a tantrum. take a hard cut into the ramp. flatten off right before hitting it. at the top of the ramp you want to square your shoulders up to shore, throw your head STRAIGHT back(think of putting the back of your head in between your shoulder blades. and start looking for the water. the last thing to remember is to keep the handle in near your hip. don't let your arm get pulled out. for toeside kickers try a scarecrow and follow my previous post instructions.
Old    devastate            05-09-2004, 11:46 PM Reply   
thanks man, i asked one of the guys there yesterday and pulled my first air raley. nice expet after that i was pulling a fassion air off a kicker and land with my knee hyper-extended... so yeah i'm out for a few weeks.

John